Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
SV650s 2003
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'd like to introduce myself.
I bought a Sv650s 2003 model a week or so ago. It's been rollan for 20K km.
This is my second zuki bike, and the first one this millennia. My first bike was a TR125ES from the 80's. Bought in 1990 and sold a couple of years later. Then I didn't get a bike again until 2015 then a Honda Varadero 125 (2007)After that a Honda CB400N (1982), Honda transalp 600 (1997), Honda Vf750 sabre (1982), Yamaha XTZ750 super tenere (1997). That's about it. I do mostly recreational riding and I really like the feel of the Sv650 so far. Looking forvard to learning more about the bike and maybe get some connections here.
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
'07 SV650S, '05 Ninja 250
1,033 Posts
That's a well-rounded collection of bikes, and they all lead up to the logical end of SV-ownership :D
Welcome. Norway looks chilly, never been but my Mom's side of the family hails from there. At least it's not too cold to enjoy the bikes!

·
Registered
SV650s 2003
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a well-rounded collection of bikes, and they all lead up to the logical end of SV-ownership :D
Welcome. Norway looks chilly, never been but my Mom's side of the family hails from there. At least it's not too cold to enjoy the bikes!
Thank you for the welcome. I am impressed and amazed by the site, manly the knowledge and especially the large community in here (been lurking for a while). Your moms family from the Midwest then maybe? We have a shorter season here than most, and I speculate in that's the reason why we appreciate it so much. Endless twisties and beautiful nature here, riding the back roads in summer under the midnight sun is somthing really special. As for the "silver bullet" she's getting all new fluids and a set of new tyres. She's also about to get an inspection and some paperwork due to the fact that I picked her up at our friendly neighbours in Sweden. I also plan to do a spring and forkoil change to stiffen her up so she can handle my size. She already has raised bars so that fits me well, otherwise I plan to keep her as close to original as I can.
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Automotive tire

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,076 Posts
Welcome to SVR SVale. Man that bikes a beaut! She looks to be in perfect condition. And I love silver. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
SV650s 2003
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to SVR SVale. Man that bikes a beaut! She looks to be in perfect condition. And I love silver. Enjoy the ride.
Thank you very much Geo Smith, I was pretty speachless when I got to see her irl, she looked far better than in the ad pics. Close to mint and all original exept for the handlebar that was done very recently. I had to pay a pretty penny for it (a bit above 2.5k usd) but prices are a bit on the higher end here and I doubt I'll have regrets about it. I don't think I ever had such a wide smile after riding any bike before, and for me, that's what it's all about.
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,076 Posts
Wow! $2,500 is a steel. Enjoy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts