Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
44 year old new rider here with just over 2,000 miles of total riding experience. I just took home a '21 SV650/A ABS.

Prior to the SV I've been riding a Royal Enfield Meteor 350 as my "training wheels." Riding school isn't mandatory here and I just learned riding safety and techniques in YouTube + practicing on empty residential streets.

Got the SV because I needed an expressway (i.e. freeway / motorway) legal bike. There's a prehistoric law here that only allows 400cc and above 2-wheelers on the expressway.

Chose the SV because of the mature styling, iconic status, rave reviews, V-twin character, low seat height, made in Japan and all that. Just before I signed the dotted line, I saw a good deal on a new old stock '20 Kawasaki Z650. It was about US$750 cheaper than the SV. But I didn't let that distract me and now we all know how the story ended:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Looking forward to learning and hopefully also contribute in this forum. Cheers and ride safe!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome, I really like that bronze like frame color for '21. I had a holiday in the Philippines a few years ago travelling around by coach up north of Manila. Very enjoyable but at times I wished I was on a bike, some great winding mountain roads in places. Enjoy those extra HP's :giggle:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hello typericey! Glad you joined us. You'll have to post some pics of your favorite rides. We love seeing faraway places most of us can only dream of riding!

Reactions: typericey
1 - 6 of 6 Posts