Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
SV650 3rd Gen
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi team!

Thank you for the aprooval, I am just finished my cafe racer project and wanted to share it with you!
Let me know your thoughts on this 馃槉

Regards!!

Attachments

Registered
Dude that is bad ass! Love the look of those pipes. And that fairing is very Speed Raceresk. Nice.

Reactions: Thanasis

Registered
What sort of mount did you use for the front of your fairing and instrument cluster? I found this a tricky part of my race build with the gen 3 model as it has no mounting point on the front of the steering stem like the Gen 2.

Registered
SV650 3rd Gen
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What sort of mount did you use for the front of your fairing and instrument cluster? I found this a tricky part of my race build with the gen 3 model as it has no mounting point on the front of the steering stem like the Gen 2.
You are right, this part was one of the most difficult (after the seat base) to find a proper solution. After a lot of internet search I find this company in UK: https://www.discovolantemoto.co.uk/Fairing-support-bracket-Classic
Of course, I welded a small piece of metal in front of the frame in order to screw the bracket without cover the frame number.
As for the instruments I used the fiberglass frame of the headlights to support them with two little steel blades
All of the project went around 5 months of intense search, mistakes, patience, money spending, a lot of my free time after work and family - but the resolt was way better that I was expected.
Feel free to ask me anything you need help 馃槉

Registered
That's a good solution, esp with the adjustable reach. Luckily I'm an engineer of sorts so was able to fabricate up this contraption in the pics below.

Bicycle handlebar Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Automotive tire Tire

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Tire Automotive tire

Its very bespoke obviously and kinda agricultural lol, but with a race bike you dont need to be so fussy as long as it works. I was very reluctant to weld on to the frame as I was concerned about heating the head stock bearings or deforming the races slightly, so went for the clamp idea. I'm sure you can imagine how many hours went into all this haha. The main piece with the drilled holes is aluminum but the rest is steel. I retained the backing/ mount plate for the instrument cluster and welded it to my uprights.

My build took about 5 months as well over the off season and it seemed I worked on it nearly every weekend! I'm a single guy so that made it easier. Like yourself, I was happy with the result:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

Is your tail piece some sort of modified S2 item, looks kinda similar?

Registered
SV650 3rd Gen
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a good solution, esp with the adjustable reach. Luckily I'm an engineer of sorts so was able to fabricate up this contraption in the pics below.

View attachment 59945

View attachment 59946
Its very bespoke obviously and kinda agricultural lol, but with a race bike you dont need to be so fussy as long as it works. I was very reluctant to weld on to the frame as I was concerned about heating the head stock bearings or deforming the races slightly, so went for the clamp idea. I'm sure you can imagine how many hours went into all this haha. The main piece with the drilled holes is aluminum but the rest is steel. I retained the backing/ mount plate for the instrument cluster and welded it to my uprights.

My build took about 5 months as well over the off season and it seemed I worked on it nearly every weekend! I'm a single guy so that made it easier. Like yourself, I was happy with the result:
View attachment 59947

Is your tail piece some sort of modified S2 item, looks kinda similar?

Very nice work my friend!! Looks aggressive!
I saw this S2 concept tail but finally a local guy fabricated with fiberglass - inspired by the Ducati Sport classic series 馃槉

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts