Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from AZ. I'm a n00b here but have worked in the motorcycle business for over 16 years now. I have many different motorcycles ranging from a 6 cylinder Bagger to a 3 cylinder Sportbike to a couple of single cylinder Harleys. On the offroad side I like to ride in Observed Trials competitions and just do some simple trail riding...
I recently bought an '01 SV650 for my son and am trying to bring it from being a cross between a roach and a rat to something respectable. So far, so good...
The bike runs halfway OK now so it's on to making it look decent. It was an 'S' model but the fairings, headlight and brackets are trashed so I'm currently running an Acerbis Cyclops headlight and some bar end mirrors. He's only riding with Mrs. Weazel and I so the speedo and such aren't so important. As long as he doesn't pass us then he's fine. I think we're going to switch from the red to the candy grand blue colour since Weazel Jr is a 'blue' kinda kid, and we're buying all new bodywork anyway...
I'll get some pics up in the near future.
All the best
Weazel

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A shameless attempt to bump my post count...
Here's a pic of a buddy and I during a ride to Florida for a seafood dinner. My bike's my old Triumph Sprint Executive, which I have since sold to my nephew.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been scouring the Fer Sale forums here and seem to have scored some goodies. This SV is going to be a really nice little bike when I'm done, if I don't go broke building it first.
The PC was my buddy's and he loved it. It would still be running if it weren't for the teen-age girl that rear ended him in a construction zone up near Deal's Gap. He's riding a BMW R1150 Cop Bike now and diggin' that one as well...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yet another shameless attempt to bump my post count...
Same trip from Fort Hood, TX to visit Tony in MS. Day one was Florida for dinner, day two was New Orleans. The Weazel met some hotties on Bourbon Street and I actually got a fone number from one of them. Lester's a chick name, right?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm in NW Phoenix. Weazel Jr's gonna need some practice time before I bring him on rides with others but he's a pretty fast learner so it shouldn't take too long.
Here's a pic of my '74 Harley. This was taken on a two day, 250 mile dual-sport ride up in Sedona...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still another attempt at boosting my post count...
This was a trip from Fort Eustis, VA to NYC in (very) early '06. The bike's a Triumph Tiger 885...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx! She's one of my favourites...
Here's a shot of my '78 Triumph Tiger 750cc. I just got this one a few months back. She needed some work and $$ but came together real nice. I get lotsa compliments wherever I go on this one...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've got a newer one also. This is my fifth Hinckley Triumph, a 2000 Sprint RS 955i. It's lots of fun altho I have a guy who wants to trade me a Ducati Monster 900 for it. I'm seriously considering taking that one. I've never had a Duck-a-tee...

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
welcome weazel.
we're getting a ride together for sunday. check AZ rider talk in the southwest regional forum.

(i would post the link, but as justin will tell you i'm digitally challenged.)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanx for the ride invite. I'm a little too busy this weekend, not to mention that my back's all outta whack right now. I'll get out sooner or later. For now it's just riding down to the Harley shop with Mrs. Weazel so she can be with 'Her People'.
I like your Bonnie. I brought a T-100 home about 9 months ago and that is the bike that made the wife decide she wanted to ride her own. Absolutely beautiful...
Here's my '99 Gas Gas TX270. This one's a hoot, even tho I have no real skill ;D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
This was my ride while I was in Afghanistan. She was real torquey but not much on power...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
And here's where it all started for the Weazel, around 1971... The bike's a 'Boss' mini-cycle and the details are sketchy as to the engine size and country of origin. My dad's employer Yankee Motors imported them along with Ossa back in the day.

Dang the luck. I finally have 25 posts and still can't start a thread in the 'Wanted' section...The Weazel still needs a few small parts for his Gen I SV

1 - 20 of 20 Posts