Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
rcmark said:
I can find two choices that fit a SV650. Which one would you get?
AVON DISTANZIA or PIRELLI MT60R.
Thanks!
the mt60's are better than the distanzia's on gravel roads and in rain, the distanzia's are better on pavement.
Avon Extreme Rains are more comparable to the mt60s

I have been running mt60s in winter for the past 5 years except I tried one set of distanzia's

the mt60s wear out extremely fast on hot dry pavement I think it would be easy to wear a set out on a track day

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Storz said:
I rode my bike on the road ;D
+1

Hey i rode my bike up and down my gravel driveway (which was a mile long) for over a year on D208 's. I never had any problems...... Did I also mention that I did this at 50-70mph.

Oh by the way im nuts too ;D

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've worn out 2 sets of Distanzias and was fairly satisfied with them. I live on a dirt road. I thing the rear tire of the Distanzias better than the front. The front seemed to cup to easily. They gripped the pavement pretty adaquately.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Zak650 said:
I've worn out 2 sets of Distanzias and was fairly satisfied with them. I live on a dirt road. I thing the rear tire of the Distanzias better than the front. The front seemed to cup to easily. They gripped the pavement pretty adaquately.
MT60's scallop too, I have always replaces them in pairs, when the rear is gone, there is still plenty of tread in front, but it's are scalloped so bad, I replace it. MT60's are made with the Corsa yellow compound

·
Registered
330 Posts
My experience has shown that putting tires on backwards ie: rotating the wrong way helps with scalloping. I'm not sure why this is or if it is true on both sides of the equator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts