Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this has ever been covered or not but I have a hopefully good question. A few buddies and I went off riding today through Northern Kentucky. We never take maps with us but found some really good roads today. Problem is now I don't know what we were on or where we were at. I was wondering if anyone has used anything cheap that will track where you have ridden. I have a Garmin Nuvi but don't think it has any features like that. I was also thinking of maybe trying to use Verizon's Chaperogne software but not sure how well it works. Anybody do something like this? Any help is awesome.

Thanks.

·
Registered
459 Posts
accutracking.com couple hundered to get it going, then like $20 / mo. works well for a 'where have I been?' as well as 'where the F*&K is my stolen bike?'

·
Registered
193 Posts
I believe some of the Nuvis have a "route review" feature that lets you see where you've been. Double check with your owner's manual if your model does it. I think the 205 or 255 may do it. I'll have to play with my 205 in a bit and see.

Later,
Chrome...

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I have a Garmin Nuvi 200 and it puts a bright blue/aqua colored line whereever you've been. Kinda handy, you can try and get all the roads around you traveled, lol.

·
Registered
667 Posts
You can use Navizon on your phone. To use trails you need to get the premium version, or upgrade with your first reward. I have received 2 rewards plus the upgrade.

If you sign up use my referral code: 585C5B5C5658, so I can get some extra points as well.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
On a GPS it's called Track Log. I don't have any of these Nuvi's but every Garmin that I have has a Track Log. You can turn it on or off. If it's on, it will track your movement every second, minute, or whatever parameters you set it up with. It essentially sets every point like a waypoint so you could just go back through your track log points to determine you're lat/long or just view it as it overlays your mapping.

·
Registered
55 Posts
One cool thing about the SPOT is that it posts your progress on the web, so you can give your friends/SO the page and they can track your progress.. Really cool if you're doing an epic touring trip.

The Nuvi won't store your route so you can go back and see where you've been? I thought that was a pretty basic GPS feature...

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
thanks alot tcl, now I need a new cellphone! My blackjack doesn't have built in GPS so that won't work, but I want it!! :)
does it not have it or does your carrier hide it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts