Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my Muzzy GP is done! it's a 09 ZX6 slip-on, but after some cutting and welding it fits nice. I think so anyway......... what do you think? now if you can't see my pictures go to http://s562.photobucket.com/albums/ss61/rlimes/ and there is a video of it running.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Thats awesome! I wish a company would make those for the SVs (come on M4!) But you did a good job on it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
i edit that...**** that sounds good!
Looks good!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Very cool. Almost wrapped my pipes, too, but I was afraid how it would look in 6 months. Update us later and let us know how it held up.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very cool. Almost wrapped my pipes, too, but I was afraid how it would look in 6 months. Update us later and let us know how it held up.
had to let it dry before I use Thermo-Tec Hi-Heat Coating "Specially formulated to protect exhaust insulating wrap. Withstands temperatures up to 2000°F and not only improves header wrap appearance, but extends its life"

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Did you wrap that because you wanted to or because you needed to?

I love the look of the GP style pipe and have been looking for one for my bike.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I love when people get creative, the new can looks great. And the M4 GP on the SV is too easy Bert.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you wrap that because you wanted to or because you needed to?

I love the look of the GP style pipe and have been looking for one for my bike.
I wanted to cover up the welds and I like the wrap look on all pipes. I sanded and painted the stock pipe and header.. "I hate chrome."

·
Registered
99 Posts
I love when people get creative, the new can looks great. And the M4 GP on the SV is too easy Bert.

That is a great looking bike. You need one more mod. Carefully open your favorite beer and place the cap in the ugly hole in that radiator cap;D

·
Registered
862 Posts
good lawd! That thing sounds amazing :headbang:

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the gp muzzy looks fantastic!! how did you mount it to the rear set???
if you look behind the rear set there is a threaded spot that is for a bracket from rear set to sub frame. I took the bracket off the day I got my bike. I could see no point in it bring there.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
today put 100+ miles on bike with new pipe and I love it. now I feel everyone can see me if not I know they hear me............

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
That looks like it'll be pure sonic death. I aborted all my gp can projects because even the Remus with its huge baffle was just obnoxiously loud, I wouldn't have it on my bike :( But I'm old ;D They do look and sound amazing though...

Oh, don't count on people hearing you- I used to run very loud cans on teh street and to be honest the people who don't see you, don't hear you either. They're not failing to see you because they're blind, they're failing to notice you because they pay no heed to their surroundings. I've seen people pull out of junctions in front of speeding, bright red fire engines with huge arrays of flashing lights and penetrating sirens, motorbike exhausts are nothing. And even leaving all that aside, modern cars are very soundproof.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh, don't count on people hearing you who don't see you, don't hear you either.
yes, I know all about the people that are blind to everything outside of their car. and I know the louder pipes will not save my life. it's just more people notice me..............

sorry to say because of the new pipes I'm that a**hole that cracks the throttle under an over pass to scare people... it will get old and I will quit but for now I like it

1 - 20 of 45 Posts