Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so since i've joined the SV cirlce, one of the things that really impressed me has been the personal touch that this model has brought out from its owners. the fact that this bike works as a naked and a faired version has extended that even further. its just something that i haven't seen from the cookie cutter world of Yamaha Rs, CBRs and GSXRs (no offense to their owners). put donnie's, nudist's, FilthyRich's, and riveted bikes side by side and only those who are into motorcycling would have clue that its all the same machine. i know we have plenty of picture threads but i would love to see all these personalized bikes in one post. maybe even get these things in printed form.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i agree whole-heartedly... sv's are beautiful as is but then some of the bikes i've seen on here are just amazing.. does anyone remember that pic of the ass-ends of 4 yellow sv's from the rally? not one of them looked like the next. i approve.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have pictures of mine, Nudist and a few more from the Rally in my sig link. Feel free to look at them.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
I have done a calendar for us on svrider.com the last couple of years with many custom SV's inside. Check my link below if interested. I will likely do one again this year... will be asking for submissions here soon. So, maybe we could make it a special theme of custom SV's maybe if interest is there ;)

PS... not referring to the trophy girl calendar... that is a totally seperate project by someone else

Y

·
0 Posts
faelyur said:
i agree whole-heartedly... sv's are beautiful as is but then some of the bikes i've seen on here are just amazing.. does anyone remember that pic of the ass-ends of 4 yellow sv's from the rally?  not one of them looked like the next.  i approve.
This one

Or this one?

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the first one is more interesting. too much in the second one. I would say the more extreme the makeover, the better. not just a variation of fender eliminators and OEM seat cowls.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Look as long as they are yellow they are all interesting. ;)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Gotta love those YELLOW SV machines! ;)

·
Registered
482 Posts
bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............... I just wasn't there to sport the blue family!!!! There's always 2.5 or next years rally.. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
There will never be another SV more pHrEAkiSh than mine! ;D

It's a shame Brad (rivited) doesn't post here more often. His bike is an excellent blend of both interesting parts and quality craftsmanship.

I think it's largely due to the combination of the SV's qualities that it's such a popular bike to mod...

Cheap
Plentiful
Endless available mods
Great handling
Reasonable power

As for me I bought my first SV because I wanted a race bike that was either a twin or fuel injected.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
avc8130 said:
Donnie, your bike is amazing...although it always surprises me.  when we went riding that time to bear mountain you had your old blue bike and that thing looked very normal...now you get this thing and the rest is history!
I don't want to hijack Dubbs thread so I'll keep it short ;)
I loved my 2000, I thought it was beautiful and modded just "enough"... sadly the local thieves agreed and stole it on 10-2-04. I went out to the local salvage yard (same place I got the 2000) and they had a black 2002 with lots of rear damage. I wanted to do something radical, something that nobody else would ever even think of... The rest is thoroughly documented at www.warriorscentral.com/sv02

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
donniej said:
I don't want to hijack Dubbs thread so I'll keep it short  ;)
I loved my 2000, I thought it was beautiful and modded just "enough"... sadly the local thieves agreed and stole it on 10-2-04.  I went out to the local salvage yard (same place I got the 2000) and they had a black 2002 with lots of rear damage.  I wanted to do something radical, something that nobody else would ever even think of...  The rest is thoroughly documented at www.warriorscentral.com/sv02
but you gotta see it in person too fully appreciate it.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Since as of yet, the Silver's in the house have been represented. The first SV'ers I meet in person.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
SVers are a great crowd... they love their bikes and are always appreciative of others' rides as well.

·
Registered
551 Posts
going along wiht the first post...we are all in it for the love of the sport...and we all have respect ::) for the cookie cutter replicas and their owners... but the sv crowd has got to be one of the most diverse crowds out there... we got old people and young people, men and women... and all of us here are family ;D...(more so than halry riders in my opinion)

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think SVers are usually pretty mature about their riding...they don't go out and try to get an ego trip doing stupid things...I like that ;D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts