Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO .....I Got Rear Ended by a Pick up Truck!!! 20 minutes ago....

its a boring story BUT just wanted to ask.... I pulled the truck driver over to see the damage -make an estimate.... THANK GOD the truck didn't have those brush guard/bull bar things ...

Question..... does the first GEN taillight wiggle up &down that much?

is that regular?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Happy your still around to talk about it. As far as taillight movement I have an 01 and it moves alot by hand 1/8 to 1/4 inch up and down I just checked. But I will tell you this get it checked by a pro. He deserves to pay something for not paying attention. So next time he sees a bike hopefully he wont kill anyone.

Jason

·
Registered
554 Posts
did you call the cops? its stupid to get in a wreck and NOT.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
did you get a police report? It seems like a minor accident but I would still file for one to document the event so doesn't come down to his word vs yours.

People are cool when it happens b/c they want to downplay their mistake yet when it comes time to pay they change their story completely. Just my experience. Good luck.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
did you get a police report? It seems like a minor accident but I would still file for one to document the event so doesn't come down to his word vs yours.
People are cool when it happens b/c they want to downplay their mistake yet when it comes time to pay they change their story completely. Just my experience. Good luck.
should i've called the cops.... the guy would be in custody and that would be his LOOOOONGEST Weekend EVER!!!

he apologised like.... a thousand times ... and i felt sorry for him JUST for the fact he pulled over under my instructions...in addition didn't want to take advantage of the situation just to gain 60 bucks( he offered to pay the damage whatsoever...)

I thought that other guys would've fled AWAY...in the fog...

·
Registered
720 Posts
well that's great, but when it turns out he's ****** up your frame or subframe or something, $60 isn't gonna seem so nice.

good luck, glad you came out ok at least.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts