Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally made the jump up from my GS to the SVS. I got a stock 01 SV650S with only 2000 miles on it yesterday. Ive been riding my GS for 3 years and it has taught me well I think, and based on what I felt on my first try up the twisties with the SV it will be a great bike when I do a few standard upgrades that are done to the SV, which Im sure I will be asking all of you for your help many times down the road, just wanted to share and post up a few pics, I can finally stop lurking on this site.

Click for full size.

:D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Grats, it looks really good! Those are some low miles. I'm pretty sure I've never seen a black S model.

Hmm none on the suzukicycles.org site, guess it could be a repaint, especially with no decals. Exhaust is pretty blue for 2k miles, mine hasn't changed color yet at 10k. Frame sliders too. Ah well, it looks great!

·
Registered
551 Posts
i like the bike ;D, IMO i would add some kinda sticker or something to lighten it up... but thats me...still, its a nice bike! :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it was repainted black from the stock red.  I too think some stickers will do alot for the bike, I want to get some factory look alikes made up from my friend who does lettering, but its got some scratchs in the tank that Im going to get fixed first. 

What would cause the exhaust to blue so much like that.

·
Registered
171 Posts
sprint_9 said:
My guess is that the previous owner was riding with the speedo disconnected. :-\ Only 2000 miles and it's already been repainted and scratched on the tank? Just wondering. :-\

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
03-SV650RR said:
My guess is that the previous owner was riding with the speedo disconnected.  :-\ Only 2000 miles and it's already been repainted and scratched on the tank? Just wondering.  :-\ 
I suppose that could be possible but I dont see how, when judging on the condition of all the other components and how clean they are it just doesnt add up to me.

T

·
0 Posts
sprint_9 said:
It could have been overheating at some time or even now. Left running too long with the choke in the mornings. Check your fuel mixture - make sure it's not too lean - especially if the previous owner fiddled with the airbox

·
Registered
17 Posts
My other favorite color black... Looks good.

·
Registered
93 Posts
no matter what all those other guys say, black bikes are the fastest. Thats why there arent many of them... most people can't handle them and most of em are totalled! welcome :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
KancerKid said:
no matter what all those other guys say, black bikes are the fastest. Thats why there arent many of them... most people can't handle them and most of em are totalled! welcome :D
LOL, Yea i will have to check into some of the issues that could be related to that pipe, I know one thing he did do was the TRE mod, but I will have to double check for sure. I will likely tear down the bike this winter and go over everything good, thanks for all the nice comments and help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts