Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had the parts laying around for 5 or so month. I upgraded to a 636 rear and .95/20wt forks. I did the SS brake lines as well (they were used, most likely of an S). The right line is just about maxed, I'm planning to get lower bars soon. I think I need to grind the fork spacers down an 1/4 inch, I only have 18mm of sag with the bike unmanned. I have an extra 22mm of sag with me on the bike. The rear I'll need some help getting sorted out.

On the cold test ride I noticed a whole new beast! I can't wait for the rain to end in Seattle.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I can't wait for the rain to end in Seattle.
you're going to be waiting awhile, cause it doesn't. if you're not going to ride in the rain, then you'll never ride. although when you're shopping, it does make for a good used bike market.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I didn't take any pics of the install. I didn't want any evidence if I messed up. As of now it just looks like a plain ol' SV w/SS Brakelines.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think I need to grind the fork spacers down an 1/4 inch, I only have 18mm of sag with the bike unmanned. I have an extra 22mm of sag with me on the bike.
imho you don't need to cut, 40mm of total sag (with rider) is correct.
+22mm when you are on the saddle is quite high, how much do you weight?

·
Registered
138 Posts
250lbs explain +22mm.
spacers are correct for you, set rear sag at about 35mm and enjoy the huge improvement over stock suspensions :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I didn't do a correct sag as I found out by Youtube videos. I'll go back and do that on Saturday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts