Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for an SV650 recently, and I finally came upon a decent deal. Only thing is, it was 150 miles away in West Palm Beach. Needless to say, after a 3 hour trip back, my ass hurts and I want to take a nap. But, I'm stoked!

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
nice! another floridian! get some pics up, and check out the regional forums. we have a few current ones going on.

welcome to the site!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome! You might want to shave your seat,I did and I can now take 6 hrs rides without too much problems. The suspension upgrades might help too

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Welcome, ride safe.
Now what does shaving the seat do but make your A$$ hurt more due to feeling the seat's plastic molded piece. This person did not say they were vertically challenged.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
i think he meant shave it, as in reshape the foam. take the cornered areas and make it more rounded. i think he mentioned it because of the OP mentioning his butt hurt after riding for a while.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Cool! I shaved my seat...well, not so much shaved as chiseled the plastic mold to modify the battery compartment.

Personaly, I think the backside hurts when not accustomed to such rides. I have a long ride to Michigan in aug/sept, I know my arse tends to get tender after a couple hours (a few months ago). I've been putting in longer rides to condition. I pulled off a trek to Miami and back.. practically none stop (got a bad tattoo as a souvenir), and now I can ride a couple hundred before I feel I need to get off the seat before going any further.

I do intend on modifying the seat somewhat before the Michigan trip. I don't wanna be dancing in my seat from my ass hurting all the way there...not to mention the ride back! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts