Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been drooling over the new Dodge Challenger's for a while now. Since my truck has devolved into being a work truck and the mileage on it is getting up into "somewhat unreliable" territory, I was looking into getting a second car. I was orginally planning on waiting until spring to pull the trigger but this beauty popped up one of the local dealers and was exactly what I wanted. It's a 2011 Challenger R/T with 60,000 km on it, full leather interior with a sunroof. Dealer had originally sold it, and both previous owners traded it in for Hellcat's. It's quick, loud, and comfortable. Was owned by a couple old timer's who have babied it, there's not a spec of rust on it and is already chipped, tuned, with a high end aftermarket exhaust. I love the green! It matches the ZX perfectly.

You know it's going to be good when you climb into the driver's seat and the salesman says to you "don't worry about speeding, we'll cover any tickets you get on this test drive." ;D

·
MOTORADOR
10,781 Posts
Do Canadians break the speed limit, ever?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That Mustang sure is pretty.

Nice!
Should have told the salesman "challenge accepted!".
Oh believe me I accepted the challenge, was limited by traffic so I was only able to double the speed limit though. :evil6:

Do Canadians break the speed limit, ever?
I don't think I've ever gone 3x a posted speed limit. However, 2.5x with the ZX on a few occasions. We're just too polite to get caught as that would likely inconvenience the police officer and make him feel sorry for having to give us a ticket.

Actually now that I think about it I did 3x a limit for the first time this summer, in what you can be sure was a perfectly legal street race against a murdered out Plymouth Duster.

·
Vendor
168 Posts
That Mustang sure is pretty.
Mustang?

It doesn't say "Mustang" anywhere on the body? For that matter it doesn't say "Ford" anywhere on it!

These were considered a separate "product" and not a Ford vehicle. Sold through Shelby Dealers only. Technically the name is 1969 Shelby Cobra GT 500.

There is a small plaque riveted inside the door that says "Based on the Ford Mustang".

But they get called Mustang all the time;). I appreciate your compliment!

I also like Challengers and think the new ones are really good looking. Hung out with a friend in High School with a Challenger with a 440!

·
MOTORADOR
10,781 Posts
Mustang?

It doesn't say "Mustang" anywhere on the body? For that matter it doesn't say "Ford" anywhere on it!

These were considered a separate "product" and not a Ford vehicle. Sold through Shelby Dealers only. Technically the name is 1969 Shelby Cobra GT 500.

There is a small plaque riveted inside the door that says "Based on the Ford Mustang".

But they get called Mustang all the time;). I appreciate your compliment!

I also like Challengers and think the new ones are really good looking. Hung out with a friend in High School with a Challenger with a 440!

So one could say yours is a real Shelby... Oh, wait!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought the Shelby GT500's were still considered to be in the Mustang family, despite being built and sold by Shelby. If you consider them otherwise I will not argue. It's pretty darn sexy regardless.

The 1969's have always been my favorites, a '69 Boss 429 Fastback in Black would be my dream Mustang.

·
Vendor
168 Posts
I was a bit tongue in cheek with my other reply. Yes, they are Mustangs. Simple as that. But quite different from a 1969 Mach 1 the body shell started out with. For instance the front fenders, hood, front valance, rear decklid, quarter end cap, tail light panel are all fiberglass instead of steel. There were quite a few other differences, like a factory installed roll bar, center outlet exhaust, and so on that separate them.

Back then they wanted to be known as SHELBY only and wanted to distance themselves what they could from a Ford Motor product. Saleen done the exact same thing when they were selling modified Mustangs.

They made just over 1500 GT 500's, mine is one of 4 produced in that color and option package. 45,000 miles on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts