Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally the lowers came in today so I am almost all set to start my build. Once my triples get machined up and anodized I will be in business. Here is a picture of most the parts.

Current list of mods i am about to attempt
Buell XB12R front forks
Buell XB12R brake
Buell 1125R front rim
ZX10 rear shock
Machined billet triples
SWAT clipons
Yoshi RS3 exhaust
New paint job.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes, i know there is only one clipon and fork. The others are at work where the triples are being machined.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Cool. But you have a tire leaned up against your white couch. You're in TROUBLE! ;)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with a black cat and a black dog there is no such thing as a white couch. That tire is probably the cleanest thing to lean on that couch all day.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
This will look good! What color do you plan on painting the bike? What wheel will you use in the rear to go with your buell front?

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Custom triples? nice.

What are you doing about the short length of the fork? I've heard that the Buell forks are much shorter than the SV and GSXR forks, which will affect turn-in quite a bit.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The triples will accommodate for most but not all of the length difference. For the rear wheel I am going to paint the stock one to match the front for now. I am out of money on my budget for now so the rear will have to wait a bit. The plan is to put a F3 wheel on back painted blue.

The bikes paint job is still in the air for the moment. Flat white with the diamond blue wheels and strip. That is the blue off of the 1125R.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that is exactly it. I have them offset a bit at the ends. too much and we get interference.

Now i am just waiting on some machine time and we wil be on the road.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
that's what I was thinking. I was thinking of asking a buddy to machine some for my GSXR forks like what your saying Zark.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts