Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have lived in philly for a few years now, and the only roads that i have found that are amusing to ride are lincon drive, and kelly drive.

warm weather is here, and i will be able to get back on my bike soon, so does anybody know of any other roads that are nice and twisty in the philly area?

im from va so im used to some awsome back roads and im getting tired of the regular highway cruise, or the through city ride.

thanks

jeff

·
Registered
505 Posts
There's really not much near the city, you have to head out a bit. I'm thinking of organizing some kind of ride in bucks county, there's some decent roads around here.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's really not much near the city, you have to head out a bit. I'm thinking of organizing some kind of ride in bucks county, there's some decent roads around here.

if your planing a ride in late march early april can you pm me or post it on the site?

i have never gone on a ride with another sv, just my boys with harleys.

it will be nice to run a set of curves for once and not have to slow up and wait for everyone to catch up

·
Registered
41 Posts
I live in Philly right on the Del River, no not the prison ;) , if you jump on 95 N to the New Hope exit and make a left at the top of the off ramp it puts you on river road. You can follow that a good 25 miles or so and its a winding decent curved road. When I do this route I usually hit the Hot dog joint called "Diffy's or Dilly's" something like that, can anyone help me out with the name?? Its a little shack on the river just outside of new hope, they have random burgers and dogs, sodas and fries... Nice little spot and you'll always see 10-15 bikes there doing the same thing, and maybe an old vette or Porsche sometimes too. NIce ride Only problem I have is it's a one lane road so if you get behinf grandpa on a saturday afternoon it gets old real quick. FYI NEW HOPE COPS TEST DECIBELS ON BIKE EXHAUST. Sometimes they set up DUI type blocks and do something when you roll through if the bikes too loud they ticket... usuall only for Harleys with straight pipes but whatever. I work shift work if anyone wants to ride it sometime and the schedules work.

·
Registered
145 Posts
if you're willing to leave the city I can show you some nice roads in delaware, montgomery, and chester county.
I live in Chester County around the Downingtown area, but I am usually in/around Philly during weekends. I am pretty much a noob and don't have any experience riding in groups but i am looking forward to ride with more people around the Philly area. let me know when are you looking to ride, and if there is more people interested to ride during any weekend coming up. Maybe there can be a few SVriders to ride with.:fiddy:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Hey, I want a pic of the SV in that very same spot bro. I hope you wont mind, I grew up in DE but havent lived there in over 6 years now. I usually visit once a year. This april/may I will be on post-deployment leave and spending it with my family at my parents "north" house (they got 3 houses in DE). I dont plan on bringing the SV but I might get luck enough to do so. depending on how my wife handles my coming home. I got tons of work to do and dont want to rush it but i can get it done in the week i got before I leave.

with that said. I am wiling to do a group SV ride for a day if I can. we can hit up some spots in Phili as well as the twisties near the DE/MD/PA border area

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
New Hope gets crazy on the weekends in the summer. River road is okay. There are lots of not-well-known back roads in and around Bucks, Montgomery, and Berks that are not too far away. But you need to get past the city to get to the good stuff.

I used to ride into Drexel every day a few years ago, and I know the city isn't much fun.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
New Hope is nice but congested. Bucks County Community College is in the same area and there are fun, but much less traveled roads nearby.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live in Chester County around the Downingtown area, but I am usually in/around Philly during weekends. I am pretty much a noob and don't have any experience riding in groups but i am looking forward to ride with more people around the Philly area. let me know when are you looking to ride, and if there is more people interested to ride during any weekend coming up. Maybe there can be a few SVriders to ride with.:fiddy:

that pic was taken like 8 blocks from my house, i never even thought of taking a pic there before. once i get my sv back together from its paint job im gonna have to take one there.

we definatly have to get a philly area ride together in a few weeks, its getting nice out and the itch to ride is killin me

·
Registered
145 Posts
that pic was taken like 8 blocks from my house, i never even thought of taking a pic there before. once i get my sv back together from its paint job im gonna have to take one there.

we definatly have to get a philly area ride together in a few weeks, its getting nice out and the itch to ride is killin me
its funny because my gf used to live about three blocks away from the spot where the pic was taken, it was the old Franklin house (temple dorms-best western).

Around october i saw a couple that was getting married taking pictures with a couple of motorcycles. i thought it was soo cool. i wasnt going to go to philly on sunday but i decided to surprise my gf and also have a little ride around kelly drive and 23 from philly to conshy.

im glad that most of you guys liked the picture, i just installed picasa on my pc and i was just playin with some of the pics.

im looking forward to ride with my fellow svhavers (and non svhavers too)!!

:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is not exactly a Philadelphia area road, but I live in Philly and get out there whenever I can b/c it is an UNBELIEBABLE area. Check out French Creek State Park and Route 345, especially in the spring and fall (it's basically Pottstown area). The roads are beautiful, there is nobody around and there are million amazing ways to get there on back, twisty roads. It's a long ride but it's so worth it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I know the area you are talking about. I've been there before but not on my bike. I'll definitely be heading up that way soon though!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Probably too far for some of you guys, but there's some nice roads out past Reading. I belong to an RC airplane club in Hamburg (not really "hamburg" but it's near it, all farmland). There's alot of nice farmy twisty empty roads out that way. Also, lake Ontelaunee has some nice roads behind it. I've only been on them at night, in pitch dark, and they scared the crap out of me. You'll come up on 90* turns really fast when you can't see 'em.

·
Registered
145 Posts
hey mudsurfer, which m4 do you have? i'm looking to get a slip-on on my bike and based on looks i have two options the m4 (cf) and the two-bros (cf or titanium). i just want to know your experience with it.

[/threadjack]

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I have the cheapest one, standard mount stainless. Sounds beastly.

I just rode route 345 last night. Got on it from 23 and went north up to 724. That road is NOICE! Nice and twisty, not too many cars (did get stuck behind a slow minivan towards the end). I had one shaky incident though. There's a sharp S turn, first 90 degree right turn, then 90 degree left turn. I ususally don't lean that far over ( i got decent chicken strips) but in the second turn, I went far enough to worry about my footpeg scraping. Half way through the turn, I felt my back tire start to slide out, scared the crap out of me. I'm guessing it slid 6-8" to the right in the road, and it made the whole bike jump.

This normal? I don't think there was any gravel in the road... I want to get rid of my chicken strips, but the tire sliding out is the reason they're there.

·
Premium Member
8,122 Posts
so i have lived in philly for a few years now, and the only roads that i have found that are amusing to ride are lincon drive, and kelly drive.

warm weather is here, and i will be able to get back on my bike soon, so does anybody know of any other roads that are nice and twisty in the philly area?

im from va so im used to some awsome back roads and im getting tired of the regular highway cruise, or the through city ride.

thanks

jeff
I could tell you, but then, well, you know what has to happen from there.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts