Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
depends where you live.

rt 2 west as was said.

theres a LOT of good roads in Northern Ma, on the border of NH. I live in central MA, and have a good hour plus of nice backroads i hit, but theres a lot of them out there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've got a list! All in Western Ma.

1. Rt 116 between South Deerfield and Adams - 36 miles
2. Rt 112 between Goshen Ma and Jacksonville, VT - 30 miles
3. Rt 8A between West Hawley, Ma and Jacksonville, VT - 23 miles
4. Rt 8 between Winstead, CT and Otis, MA - 21 miles
5. Rt 9 between Haydenville and Windsor - 24 miles

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seems like every thing is west or north of me.. I live just south of boston. I guess I'll be planning a few day trips going out west.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey Lynchy, what are some of your favorite rides close to metro Boston? I'm about to bring my bike up from lil' Rhody and was wondering what the quickest way to less built-up areas is...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Lynchy, what are some of your favorite rides close to metro Boston? I'm about to bring my bike up from lil' Rhody and was wondering what the quickest way to less built-up areas is...
I'm still new to riding, trying to find some. let me know when your in town and we can try and find something.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Route 116 -> 8 -> 112 is probably one of, if not THE, best loops in MA. It's easy access from I-91 so you could jump on the pike and then go up 91 to start the loop. This is part of my ~4-5 hr loop on sundays out here in WMass. Route 116 is nice and scenic with twisties. Route 8 is a very technical twisty patch (especially the Northern part). Route 112 has huge high speed sweepers that are thoroughly enjoyable after the technical route 8.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm looks like I could take rt 140 to rt 2a to rt 2 west and then continue on rt 2 west through western MA.. might have to try that

·
Registered
690 Posts
Me and my buddies just cruzed down from boston to south eastern mass and then crossed over into RI where we road around New Port and all the rich mansions. Talk about some serious money, holy crap! I forget what towns we were in because I am not familiar with teh area. My buddy found the route in a book of all the best driving roads in north america.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you want a NICE day of riding take this course.

I actually do this loop when I'm starting from Worcester with friends. It might take the whole day, but **** its such a nice day of riding. And stopping at in Amherst for Bueno y Sano or Anotonio's pizza or Pasta e Basta ... mmmm .... Anyone up for a ride right now?! lol Let me know if you want to do this loop, absolutely a blast!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you want a NICE day of riding take this course.

I actually do this loop when I'm starting from Worcester with friends. It might take the whole day, but **** its such a nice day of riding. And stopping at in Amherst for Bueno y Sano or Anotonio's pizza or Pasta e Basta ... mmmm .... Anyone up for a ride right now?! lol Let me know if you want to do this loop, absolutely a blast!
I'm down for something like this sometime this weekend.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Follow what's happening in NH rides, some good rides up from where your at I'll send you a pm if your headed this way and I'll share.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
took a ride up to wachusett reservoir on Sunday, back roads most of the way up, around res and back.

Scott
it was gorgeous on sunday.. I rode around for an hour or so just randomly went to ashland etc.

Might be going to north adams tomorrow to visit a friend, I might have to check out rt2 while i'm there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Post up a few days before you head out. Maybe we can throw together a "meet and greet" for some of us N.E. guys

·
Registered
66 Posts
july 4th weekend...i have a fighter get together at my place and we all ride out to the summer nationals if anyone is interested.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts