Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer has a 2019 and 2020 in stock with 0% interest for 60 months. The only dealer fees he is charging is 400 dollars , is this a good deal ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Zero interest is always good, dealer fee seems about normal.. but what are the bikes selling for?
Keep on eye on the financing offer though and make sure it will pay the bike off in that 60 month period. Many dealers will offer lowball financing but there's a balloon payment/buyout at the end. Basically just make sure the payments actually add up to the total amount of the loan.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not a deal at all, that is MSRP for those bikes and the financing is being offered through Suzuki (not your dealer) and only if you qualify. That's not to say it's a 'bad' deal, it's just, well it's not anything. A quick look on Cycle Trader show's the same bikes starting at $5,500. Search for yourself and see if any of the dealers are close to you. Since the financing is a Suzuki thing, it should be available at any dealer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's the standard deal they offer everyone. It's not bad, but it's not awesome.

As someone who bought a new in 2016 sv650, I would suggest that you look for a slightly used 3rd gen on the market. You will save 2-3 thou if you find one that was a "regret buy".

·
Registered
6 Posts
I picked up a new 2019 SV650X for $5149 via Cycle Trader two months ago. +$600 in dealer setup/fees they wouldn't budge on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I paid $6000 (including dealer prep and transportation but minus taxes because I was from out of state) out the door for my 2019 back in November. It depends a lot on where you live. I was browsing around for a friend on the west coast and most dealers out there aren't advertising deep discounts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Suzuki currently has $750 customer cash back on 2019 Suzuki SV650's. Any dealer that doesn't start the negotiation at $750 under MSRP is stealing your money.
Offers Page Disclaimers
They won't tell you about the $750 even though it's listed on the Suzuki site as a "consumer rebate". The dealer keeps the incentive. I bought a 2018 leftover last summer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I paid $6000 (including dealer prep and transportation but minus taxes because I was from out of state) out the door for my 2019 back in November. It depends a lot on where you live. I was browsing around for a friend on the west coast and most dealers out there aren't advertising deep discounts.
Was this a cash deal or did you finance ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I picked up a new 2019 SV650X for $5149 via Cycle Trader two months ago. +$600 in dealer setup/fees they wouldn't budge on.
Can you please share which dealer that was you found on Cycle Trader with that price?

Right now I see a few dealers in California with a similar price, but that's a little too far, hopefully your dealer is closer to the middle of the Country.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can you please share which dealer that was you found on Cycle Trader with that price?

Right now I see a few dealers in California with a similar price, but that's a little too far, hopefully your dealer is closer to the middle of the Country.
It was Vetesnik Power Sports in Wisconsin -- but they only had the one! Finally picked it up this past Friday. Not sure why they were so eager to offload it, but I was watching it as they discounted it and considered it a deal. ¯\(ツ)

I've been checking on prices since -- looks like a few dealers on this side of California have been discounting them... Maybe snapped up quick. But my sense is there's stock on the lots waiting to be discounted. Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
It was Vetesnik Power Sports in Wisconsin -- but they only had the one! Finally picked it up this past Friday. Not sure why they were so eager to offload it, but I was watching it as they discounted it and considered it a deal. ¯\(ツ)

I've been checking on prices since -- looks like a few dealers on this side of California have been discounting them... Maybe snapped up quick. But my sense is there's stock on the lots waiting to be discounted. Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
That's perfect info -- thanks!

I live in the Chicago area, so Vetesnik isn't that far. Looking through Cycle Trader over time I noticed good deals in WI, whether in the general Milwaukee or Madison areas. Don't know what to say about that, mayby lots of dealers up there.

Anyway, I think you're right about stock waiting to be discounted. As much as I like the SV (particularly the X), I only occasionally see them out and about. That's in contrast to FZ/MT, which are like locusts in-season.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts