Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The timer itself will go on the triple or in that general area. Wondering about the receiver because I'm debating whether to get the 20inch or 6 foot cable. Is there a particularly good location to mount it on the SV?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any reason? More crash-worthy?

The options I can think of are on top of the headlight bucket, the front fender, and somewhere on the tail.

G

·
I just velcro mine to the top of the tank near the front. The lap counter is velcro'd on the triple. Never had a problem.

Ari

·
Registered
505 Posts
NOsquid said:
Any reason? More crash-worthy?

The options I can think of are on top of the headlight bucket, the front fender, and somewhere on the tail.
Seems like you're always farting around with something on the front of the bike, lifting the tank, etc. I figure if it's on the tail it's out of the way.

G

·
jarelj said:
Seems like you're always farting around with something on the front of the bike, lifting the tank, etc.  I figure if it's on the tail it's out of the way.
Yeah, totally agree, that's why I use velcro! So when I forget to take the timer off when I'm lifting the tank and I hear that horrible "riiiiiiiiip" I know it's just velcro!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.