Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after talking about it for um lets see...my whole life or at least as long as i could remember, i always wanted a bike and after convincing a few of my buddies to get bikes which they already did i am still a no go. i spent some money on some road bikes (Trek 1000, Lemond Sarthe). and after talking and talking to my momma she said that she will let me get a bike. so i am hoping if i can get some more hours in to get a nice Down payment. I'm gonna shoot for the end of the month. as long as i can get some ride time before the snow ;D

just thought i would share that with you guys.

-Steve

·
Registered
105 Posts
my momma? Is your name Bobby Boucher? :D :D :D

D

·
0 Posts
LMFAO @ phelix, not knowing whom Bobby is but.......freaking funny.

And congrats M8

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
congrats. tell her to buy you a used ex500 or something similar. ride it for a year or two, then upgrade to something like the sv.

·
Registered
216 Posts
or even an ex250 (Kawasaki Ninja 250)

my roomate just got one and i rode it home from the dealership. not bad little bike! it definately goes. no problems hitting 80+ hehe

also the insurance will be cheaper, great gas mileage etc. ride it for the rest of this year, next and then you'll be ready!

btw, congrats man and good luck. 2 wheels is where it's at.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Congratz and good luck!

Make sure to save for gear and most of all the MSF!

Keep us posted as it all goes down.

V

·
0 Posts
I'm happy for you Steve. +1 on the gear and MSF. Take it seriously but have fun!

V

·
0 Posts
BlueThunder said:
Be safe.

My mom practically disowned me when I went to buy a bike.

Had to wait until I am out of the house to by mine.
My mom did me that way too....only I didn't have to wait till I was out of the house...I'm one of the old farts around here :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm 41 and my Mom stilltells me I should get rid of my bikes. Some things never change.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Congrats EVO. +1 on gear, MSF, then find a good used 500 or 250. Don't make momma regret her decision.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i already have driven bikes. i do not want to buy a 250 or a 500. i had the opportunity to do so but relized i would outgrow it in a week. im not a reckless person on motorcycles so the sv wont be to much. my buddy has a gsxr600 i took around and liked it so i know the sv should be no problem.

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
EVOSTEVO said:
i already have driven bikes. i do not want to buy a 250 or a 500. i had the opportunity to do so but relized i would outgrow it in a week. im not a reckless person on motorcycles so the sv wont be to much. my buddy has a gsxr600 i took around and liked it so i know the sv should be no problem.
Outgrow it in a week? You don't know what you're talking about. You're probably too immature (despite you own self-serving self-assurances) to ride at all.
AND: If you need your Mom's permission, and you have to save up for a downpayment, you have no business buying a bike that costs more than $1,200. There are plenty of great cheap bikes out there. Don't dive into a credit hole for something you want, but don't need. If you screw up payments, you carry that mark on your credit for years. Buy a cheap ride. spend wisely and well on gear, and ride without worrying where the next bike payment is coming from.

·
Registered
81 Posts
And remember that, tempting as it is to share, parents don't what to hear all those "Someone tried to kill me", "some moron cut me off" "Had to dodge an SUV"
stories that you'll accumulate

1 - 20 of 34 Posts