Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully, that river stays below 43. Best wishes and thoughts to those residents. My hat's off to them for putting up a fight, instead of waiting for someone ELSE to do something about it while they loot for big screen TV's.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Well when all is said and done they gave it their all and hopefully everyone in the flood plain has taken all the steps to move to higher floors or ship items out that are important to them and they had flood insurance too.

Hold onto your butts Fargo!

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
There will be nothing to loot if the levee's do not hold. I remember the last major flood in 1997, it sucked.

·
Registered
920 Posts
There will be nothing to loot if the levee's do not hold. I remember the last major flood in 1997, it sucked.
Where were you in '97? I'm in Grand Forks....we got hit hard that year, and the only reason we'll be okay this time is because post-'97 our permanent flood protection got bumped to 60 feet.

We sent a few truckloads of equipment down to Fargo this week. We're 70 miles straight north along the Red River. All of that water will be here next week....

:p

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Good luck to everyone there.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
I lived in the Twin Cities. We had big problems there because of the flash thaw. I just remember the that the levees did not hold and everything was under water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts