Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did search already but few clear answers. Anyone try a 120/70/17 front along with 160/70/17 rear tire at the same time. I never liked the stiff 120/60/17 front sidewall and figured the taller 70 series sidewall would also correct the speedometer while softening the ride. Since the 160/70/17 rear would add a little extra rear ride height it would restore the lost front 60 series turn in speed and would give slightly better highway rpms along with a slightly softer ride. At least that's my theory. Any thoughts? I already know it would add slightly more unsprung weight and havent seen any reported clearance issues. These sizes are available in the Bridgestone Bt023 tires.

·
Super Moderator
7,038 Posts
I just installed a 70-series BT-016 to replace my worn Conti Sport Attack 70 tire. Just make a minor adjustment (raise the fork tubes in the clamps 5-10mm) and it's all good.

The new Bridgestone and the front-end feel are excellent. Go with a 70.

I have always had a 60-series rear tire.

If you are replacing the stock Dunlop 220 the difference will be night-and-day.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Just slip the forks up in the tubes a few mm to drop the front end back to stock

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. I get it with the front tire and the forks. Now what about a 70 series rear tire and leave the forks alone?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I wouldn't even bother touching the geometry. Just put the tires on & be done with it.
If you don't like how it handles, then make some changes.

Steers too quick? Drop the forks down a couple mm in the clamps.
Steers too slow? Pull the forks up a couple mm in the clamps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts