Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331659

Saw this thread over gixxer.com and thought I would share. It is pretty entertaining reading how dumb some people are. Also, I had never heard of MotoMummy before joining over there but I have since ordered some things from them and they seem to be good to work with so I thought I would give them a plug over here.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
Gixxer.com is often LOL-worthy. But that thread is no match for the NOS thread.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
Gixxer.com is often LOL-worthy. But that thread is no match for the NOS thread.
Linky??

The thread originally linked reminds me a lot of a thread that was on here not too long ago. Don't recal the specifics, but the guy threatened the vender he was going to bash him on SVrider and then we all got 10% off because of it. :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Agreed! The NOS thread is one of the funniest things I have ever read. I laugh about it every time I see that stuff in a convenience store.
have you seen a hemorrhoids thread there by the same author?

·
Registered
3,743 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
neat

·
Registered
850 Posts
LOL this is hilarious.

In case anyone is interested about the consent to record argument:

In Florida two party consent it required to record a convo. So the guy is sort of right.

In Texas only one party consent is required. My guess is since he called them, Texas law applies.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wow.

Really, just wow.

NOS was stupid.

This upped the ante to stupid and belligerent.

This guy is a safe bet for future Darwin Award winner.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Epic fail would be an understatement. Just so many fails.

One that I didn't see called out on is that the bank just doesn't return the money because you put in a dispute for the charge. They take your statement on the dispute and then contact the seller. If they find reason to believe that the transaction wasn't legit (authorized) they will return the money. If the seller provides proof that the transaction was legit then no money.

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
There goes the rest of my night...lol

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
I was hoping to find out the outcome. I went through the first 14 pages then skipped to the end. Was there any resolution?

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I was hoping to find out the outcome. I went through the first 14 pages then skipped to the end. Was there any resolution?
Shiny got banned, so not much news. He claims he sold the sprocket for more than he paid. He put ads on craigslist saying MM was crap, then people posted ads with links to the thread to show that MM is just dandy. But they did post a link to his online dating profile. :lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Shiny truly is an idiot.
Reminds me of a story about my Dad. During a snowstorm, a woman managed to slide off the road and got stuck on a low rock wall. My Dad stopped to check on her and starts to hook up some chains to pull her vehicle off the rock wall. Just as he is ready to pull her vehicle back onto the road, she asks if he will cover any damage to her vehicle. Of course, my Dad was not going to pay her for her own stupidity. Then, when my Dad started removing the chains and got ready to leave, she got mad at him for not helping!

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Shiny truly is an idiot.
Reminds me of a story about my Dad. During a snowstorm, a woman managed to slide off the road and got stuck on a low rock wall. My Dad stopped to check on her and starts to hook up some chains to pull her vehicle off the rock wall. Just as he is ready to pull her vehicle back onto the road, she asks if he will cover any damage to her vehicle. Of course, my Dad was not going to pay her for her own stupidity. Then, when my Dad started removing the chains and got ready to leave, she got mad at him for not helping!
This kind of depends on what "damages" she ment. Of course any damage from her stupidity and any reasonable damage in getting the car out should be hers to pay.

How ever I wouldn't call her stupid if she said for him to pay up if he damages the car further because he didn't know how to remove said car and said he did. I have seen good samaritans do more damage because they didn't know how to really solve the problem and thus made it worse.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
I've pulled plenty of cars out of plenty of ditches. If a single one asked if I was going to "cover damages" no matter what he ment, I would unhook and go on my marry little way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts