Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Well, with the beautiful spring weather also came the inevitable new bike bug that seems to hatch around this time every year. I was originally planning to aquire a used honda CB350 and rebuild it, but that was before I came across a brand new 2007 Honda 919 (CB900F) at my local dealership. The price had been significantly reduced and I just had to jump on it. Having always been a fan of naked bikes and CBs in particular, this was a great opportunity for me.

After an afternoon at the dealership, I was able to ride the new 919 around for about 30 miles. Let me tell you, that thing is incredibly smooth. The power seems very present, although I will not be able to test this out until I get it completely broken in, and even then I have a feeling I will be staying out of the upper rev ranges. It is incredibly comfortable compared to the S, and the upright position felt like I was flying down the road on a lawn chair. The suspension and brakes are great. All in all, I think the 919 is going to make an excellent do everything bike (except off-road of course).

Unfortunately, the new bike purchase means I will have to sell the SV. After riding the 919, I can definitely say the SV engine has alot more personality, and I mean this in a good way. Also, the SV feels lighter and the handling feels quicker, although part of this may have to do with my limited time on the 919. Even though I have changed bikes, I still plan on participating on this forum because it is by far one of the best forums I have been on. Just want to say thanks for all the help given on my SV questions.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Congrats on the new bike man! I will be picking my new toy up soon (Triumph Sprint ST) I plan on keeping the SV at least for a little while to compare and see if I like the Sprint enough to sell the SV. I'll definitely remain a member of this forum as well...Enjoy!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I was going to get a sprint st, but a friend enticed me with a cheap gsxr 1k instead.
Make sure you post up how you like the sprint. you never know when the bike bug will stike.

·
Super Moderator
8,604 Posts
Congrats!

I've always regretted selling my old bikes. At first I was going to sell my old SV when I bought a new one, but considering how little I could actually get for it, (they're not so expensive to begin with), I decided to keep it.

It's nice to have a backup bike, especially when you're doing a mod. When my buddy visits from the east coast we do some great rides.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Is everyone forgetting it's April 1st? I believe nothing I hear on April 1st unless it's verified the next day.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Is everyone forgetting it's April 1st? I believe nothing I hear on April 1st unless it's verified the next day.

that's what I was thinking before I clicked, but the post is far too mundane to be a prank. if it is a joke...well it's not a very good one.

back OT..congrats on the 919. I was really close to getting a 599 a few years back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts