Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have the RaceTech gold valve setup sheet that you get the code for when you buy gold valves? I bought some used and I would like to see Racetech's recommendations for the 1st gen SV. Thanks.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The setup sheet is personalized to rider weight, riding style, and a specific fork spring rate, so there are no general settings for everyone. However, the standard setup is pretty much the same for the average rider and is listed on page 3 of the Racetech Instructions attached below.

Contrary to the instructions below, do NOT drill extra holes in the damper rods, just increase the existing ones to 11mm or 7/16in. Braze the small rebound holes on top of the damper rods. Deburr and smooth it all out.
Generally recommended for 1st Gen forks is 20wt oil. Oil level air gap (inner tube pushed down, spring removed, valve emulator installed) is between 125-130mm. Fork spring preload 15-20mm (cut spacer accordingly). Front sag should be 35mm (aka rider sag). Since 1st Gen doesn't have adjustable fork spring pre-load, I'd start with a longer spacer and shorten it until you get to 35mm rider sag. If you have the correct fork spring rate for your weight (not the soft OEM springs) the above instructions should get you close.
Also check out the Racetech Tuning Guide page.

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks bklyn, just what I was looking for, oil weight/height, whether or not to seal up the rebound hole. My 2002 has pre-load adjusters so that helps a little. One last question. Which spring is recommended for the emulators? I have red and blue and raw, but no yellow.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Raw as in silver? Check the link, it shows the spring rates of the different colored springs and recommended preload.
Normally yellow. But blue is closest to it, just a bit softer. Crank up the preload by 4 turns and see how it goes.
But I'm sure Racetech can sell you the yellow spring separately if you ask.

·
Registered
926 Posts
FWIW, if you order different preload springs from Racetech, make sure to specify that you need a pair. The first time I ordered springs, I received one. I had to order a second spring and pay shipping. They may have sorted that out by now.

I ended up getting the 40psi and 28psi to experiment with (stock is 62psi). I believe that the 40's at 3 1/2 turns worked the best for me (20W, and I did drill the damper rods).

I'm currently using Ricors with 5W, and like them better in general. The Racetechs are better at handling square-edged bumps at 70+ mph, as in less shock through the handlebars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts