Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Re: Going to look at a 2002 Aprilia RSV Mille on tuesday...

Dude, with the Aprilia Tuono availible, what would you want to be all bent over about? Sit up and rip! 8)

·
Registered
132 Posts

Morpheous said:
Dude, with the Aprilia Tuono availible, what would you want to be all bent over about? Sit up and rip! 8)
Some of us like to be "bent over". I am 44 and wouldn't want it any other way.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts

rompus said:
Not that theres anything wrong with that........but...... :eek: ;D

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts

rompus said:
Dude...that is so much potentional...for misinterptation...but I wont go there. Made me laugh at least.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts

I love the Mille, IMO they're just about the best roadgoing sporty big twin there is- and I'd say only the Falco is better (just because it's more real-world practical, and also IMO more interesting looking) There's more exotic bikes and, more powerful, better handling, more reliable, more practical, more comfortable, cheaper... But there's no one bike that's such a good package. Plus, with the right cans they sound like nothing on earth. The Mille and Falco are literally the only produciton bikes I'd consider replacing my SV with- in fact, I'm going through one of my periodic Falco joneses just now :)

·
Registered
799 Posts

Yeah, they are alright bikes. ;) I think you could probably find a bit better deal buying privately but if you want to stick with Ken's, the price isn't totally ridiculous. But, I still think you could find an 01 or 02 R for that price or close to it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

yea, the deal has to be right, or i aint doing it. my sv does me great and i love it. i just think i want a 1k. prolly just a want... since my wife tells me i have to sit on my dodge ram for another 2 years at least. i just get in these grooves where i want something new. maybe i should just mod my sv more...

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts

I think the Aprilla would be my choice over the GSXR... mostly because its more rare to see them and love the styling a tad more and its not an I-4 ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Ok. Update. Went to look at it today. Its not an RSV-R. Its just the mille rsv. So, it doesnt have the OZ wheels or the Ohlins suspension. Its got brembo brakes... etc. Still a sweet bike... but not really the one i wanted. I wanted the R. Kinda disappointing. Oh well. Im thinking i should just sit on the 650 anyways.. and mod the hell out of it.

Should i reup the warranty on her? Or is it not worth it? She is due in june. Also, to make it up to me, my wife is telling me that i can get a xbox 360 if i dont upgrade my bike to a new one. What do ya think?

·
Registered
571 Posts
it's just an RSV?!?!

it may not have all of the extra stuff the R has but it is still a sweet bike. i'd probably get the bike as long as the price is right. although you could mod the heck out of your sv like you said. i'm not much of a video game player anymore so that wouldn't be an option for me.

maybe instead of the amount you would have spent on the bike, she'll let you take some and spend it on the sv. and i don't mean the few hundred that would be spent on the xbox. i'm talking serious mod money. 8)

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
I wouldn't pay for a warranty if you plan on modding the 650... well depending on what you do to it anyways because otherwise you are liable to void the warranty and there goes wasted $$$ ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Good god, your wife sounds more like your mom than anything....sorry. I'm not married yet, so I don't yet understand the intircate workings of marrage....and after running into people, ummm, well, that sound like you, I don't think I want to get married....

Sorry, off topic, love the Aprillas!

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts

04silverbullet said:
Also, to make it up to me, my wife is telling me that i can get a xbox 360 if i dont upgrade my bike to a new one. What do ya think?
gee let me think, new bike or an X box, i'd have to think about that for ................A SECOND, dude an X box is cool and everything but a bike is so much cooler, no brainer

1 - 20 of 34 Posts