Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, Making a trip to to Dyno Jet industries in Las Vegas this weekend. I'm getting a power commander and tune done. And while that's being done gonna do some gamblin too. ;D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea mesa and tucson are closer but im getting a hell of a deal on the power commander and tune. plus i just found out my buddies from MN are going to be in vegas the same weekend for a bachelor party. time to get drunk!! ;D

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Just talked to a guy in Show Low who recently purchased a 2009 GSX-R 1000, he was telling me how he plans on having a turbo installed, then told me that he was doing a wheelie and looked down to see that he was doing 160mph. Then he mentioned that it was his first bike (only had dirt experience before this bike), just got it about a month ago. He also said that he's trying to learn to ride, but when he goes through turns he scrapes his pants on the ground.

This guy was all business....full on squid! He was not joking!! (though I'm sure most of what he said was BS anyway).

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Yup, Making a trip to to Dyno Jet industries in Las Vegas this weekend. I'm getting a power commander and tune done. And while that's being done gonna do some gamblin too. ;D
That'd be cool if they are going to give it to ya and tune it too...

I installed mine myself.... and it works great... I am sure it will be better with some tweaking but I am just using their generic M4 map... haven't even seen the FI light like some say happens...

What are they charging you for the PC and the tune?

I hear they were looking for some 07/08 bikes so they could play with the bike and get a good map for various exhausts... do you have any pipe yet or is it still stock?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the price of the pcIII and custom map and tune.... 0$. Can't beat that.
That'd be cool if they are going to give it to ya and tune it too...

I installed mine myself.... and it works great... I am sure it will be better with some tweaking but I am just using their generic M4 map... haven't even seen the FI light like some say happens...

What are they charging you for the PC and the tune?

I hear they were looking for some 07/08 bikes so they could play with the bike and get a good map for various exhausts... do you have any pipe yet or is it still stock?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea its an 08. With dynojet doing the tune I hope there wont be any issues.
sweet deal... what do you have... an 08?

I know some people have had issues with the PC post 2006 probably due to them not having a bike to tweak it with and the slight difference from 2007 on...

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
aah I thought so... they had mentioned to me when I was talking to them last month that they were looking for some 08 or california bikes to test with... but I'd give them my bike for a day or two as well if they were going to give me a free PC and tune it perfectly for me...

hopefully they can come up with better maps and maybe a tweaked PC for the 07+ bikes... who knows how the Gladiola will be... but it isn't a real SV anyway...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got the bike done Friday. And so far i dont see any performance changes. changes are probably too small for me to notice anyways. The only thing was I they didnt give me a users manual, but I was able to find that on there web site. the exhaust setup I have is a m4 high mount slipon with a k&n filter and the snorkel removed. kinda disappointed that the highest they got the HP on the dyno was 69. And I believe they Torque was about forty foot pounds. From what I have seen stock is said to be atleast 70 hp and 45 tq.

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Just got the bike done Friday. And so far i dont see any performance changes. changes are probably too small for me to notice anyways. The only thing was I they didnt give me a users manual, but I was able to find that on there web site. the exhaust setup I have is a m4 high mount slipon with a k&n filter and the snorkel removed. kinda disappointed that the highest they got the HP on the dyno was 69. And I believe they Torque was about forty foot pounds. From what I have seen stock is said to be atleast 70 hp and 45 tq.

What's the torque curve like? I'd trade off a few screaming RPM HP if I gained more midrange torque over flat out... do you have before and after graphs for hp, tq, and the gas analyzer?

40 on the torque seems a bit low though.. that is about where my 99 was and I am at an elevation of 3500ft or so.. then again I had a full hindle on it and had a gutted K&N and a jet kit...

and as far as feeling it... I think there generally has to be a bit of a change... you won't feel 1 or 2 hp.... but if throttle respoonse is better and the torque curve is better in the range you generally ride it in, then that is a good improvement

Did you get the bike brand new? and if so how was it broken in?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
they only gave me a after graph. I will get it on here as soon as i find it. lol The bike is out of break in, about 2500 miles on it. Once I get some money I might bring it in to the local shop that has a dyno and see what it shows on theirs. Oh and I just remembered the guy said he had tuned to be half way in between performance and fuel economy.
What's the torque curve like? I'd trade off a few screaming RPM HP if I gained more midrange torque over flat out... do you have before and after graphs for hp, tq, and the gas analyzer?

40 on the torque seems a bit low though.. that is about where my 99 was and I am at an elevation of 3500ft or so.. then again I had a full hindle on it and had a gutted K&N and a jet kit...

and as far as feeling it... I think there generally has to be a bit of a change... you won't feel 1 or 2 hp.... but if throttle respoonse is better and the torque curve is better in the range you generally ride it in, then that is a good improvement

Did you get the bike brand new? and if so how was it broken in?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts