Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry but there is just no substitute to Arai (JMO). I've worn-owned everything else except for Suomy. After owning probably 6+ Arais over the years, I just can't seem to find anything better.....again JMO. My Shoei's are good but not great. I have one Arai left in the bunch, but it's a bit old so time for a new one........

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I own a Shoei RF-1000 and love it. What makes Arai better than Shoei (in your opinion)?

An RF was my latest purchase after owning and wrecking a X-11....
The Arai's are so much more plush and comfortable - plus more shell shapes..

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I wear the only kind you haven't tried, which is Suomy. I had a Shoei R-1000 and toasted it when I crashed on the track. I replaced it with the Suomy Vandal I have now, which fits so much better than the Shoei. I was afraid to try the Arai because I didn't want to spend $700 for a helmet. I already have to explain what's in the boxes when they show up on the doorstep.

Stick with what feels the best on your head.

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wear the only kind you haven't tried, which is Suomy. I had a Shoei R-1000 and toasted it when I crashed on the track. I replaced it with the Suomy Vandal I have now, which fits so much better than the Shoei. I was afraid to try the Arai because I didn't want to spend $700 for a helmet. I already have to explain what's in the boxes when they show up on the doorstep.

agreed......

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
KBC!!!! lol

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just retired my Arai, I have been a huge fan for a long time, but there recent price increase may have me looking elsewhere. But I agree with you, they are the most comfortable, the liner is very plush (and comes apart so its easy to clean) you can where glasses with them, and I really like how the shields work (especially how the locking feature works). As for Shoei I looked at them because they are a good helmet, but they didnt feel that much better then the HJC's, especially considering the extra money you would spend on the Shoei.

Grrrr....How will I ever wear anything else again....

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just retired my Arai, I have been a huge fan for a long time, but there recent price increase may have me looking elsewhere. But I agree with you, they are the most comfortable, the liner is very plush (and comes apart so its easy to clean) you can where glasses with them, and I really like how the shields work (especially how the locking feature works). As for Shoei I looked at them because they are a good helmet, but they didnt feel that much better then the HJC's, especially considering the extra money you would spend on the Shoei.

Grrrr....How will I ever wear anything else again....
They are pricey....I just watch ebay for deals.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
have you tried Shark Helmets??? ... you might like those.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You gotta go with what feels the best for you. For me it has been the KBC VR2. I'm on my second one after toasting the first one last season(I had it for two seasons). I tried on every brand and nothing felt as comfy as the VR2 to me.

Everyone has their own preference and you just gotta stick with what you like.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I think it just comes down to what fits your head the best. For me it was the Shoei RF-1000.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I was afraid to try the Arai because I didn't want to spend $700 for a helmet.

Yep!! I might go with an EXO-400 or maybe an RF-1000 next as they seem to fit my cheeks better then HJC does. I dunno, maybe just before summer.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I've worn-owned everything else except for Suomy.
You aren't missing anything. My wife and I picked up a pair of Suomy 1R-Spec Capirossi replicas at a bargin of a deal. Mine is much noisier than my Shoei RF-1000 and the visor is a PITA to take off. My wife's Suomy has some paint that is flaking off, and the finishes on both of them are easy to chip. For a helmet that retails the same as the Shoei RF-1000, the Shoei is a much better quality helmet.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
The Arai's are so much more plush and comfortable - plus more shell shapes..
But.....my head is only one shape. :)

I have a RF1000 and a TZR. Nearly identical fit, the venting is very different. I almost got a Arai Quantum 2, but the RF1000 felt better on my melon.

The RX7 Corsair, and for that matter, the X-11 didn't fit my head.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Aria +1 I love mine, Don't be afraid to check around, some dealers have last years or even a year or 2 ago's models laying around waiting for a discount. Sometimes you gotta ask.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
If you wear a Medium I have a Shark RSR2 I'll sell you for a good price!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I really like my Arai also............i have 2 other helmets i never wear anymore(Kbc /Hjc).

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a Shoei RF-1000. I love it.. but the only other helmet ive worn is a Fulmer. The shoei is much more quieter than the Fulmer.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts