Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't sure how this stuff was going to fit. Now that it is installed I have to say I'm pretty happy with it. I like the look and the price is definately right. Make no mistake, its not sharkskinz, but it definately fits better than the Hotbodies stuff that I have experienced. If your in the market for trackday/race bodywork on the cheap definately consider this stuff.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
You know, I have to say that looks almost exactly like the 2wheeljunkies stuff. The fake ram-air ducts are the giveaway and the shape and placement of the side vents. They probably just recast it. Kinda scummy if that's the case, especially since they are selling it for half the price.

Take a look... http://www.2wheeljunkie.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=17866

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Novadesigns said:
You know, I have to say that looks almost exactly like the 2wheeljunkies stuff. The fake ram-air ducts are the giveaway and the shape and placement of the side vents. They probably just recast it. Kinda scummy if that's the case, especially since they are selling it for half the price.

Take a look... http://www.2wheeljunkie.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=17866
Got it from a Godfather Racing dealer who advertised on the WERA board. The customer service was excellent, very friendly people. As far as copying someonel else's design I have no idea but find it very unlikely. My dealings with them have been very straight forward and honest.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
The godfathers have been around for quite some time as well. It's no real secret that almost everyone bases it off of the gsxr plastics. The difference may come in quality, durability and that such more so then the appearance.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
nice you got the new invisible forks they look?? sweet? :p

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Novadesigns said:
Have you looked at the picture I posted the link to? Its virtually identical. Don't take my word for it, take a look and make your own decision.
who cares if its a copy? ???

i dont think it is though.. somebody posted a while back that godfather bought the molds from the now defunct rennsportbodies..

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Liutas said:
Have any more pics? Maybe either side and front?
yes, please take like 20 pics. ive been considering this bodywork for a while.. its nice to actually be able to see what it looks like.

what brackets did you use for the lowers?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
toobrokeforthat said:
The godfathers have been around for quite some time as well. It's no real secret that almost everyone bases it off of the gsxr plastics. The difference may come in quality, durability and that such more so then the appearance.
actually, godfather just finished the molds for the sv specific bodywork earlier this year, before that, they sold gsxr bodywork for their sv bodywork.

this new sv specific bodywork just recently became available

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
what about these??? kg cycles, they're cheaper than godfather and 2wj, its fiberglass tho

i bought the fairings for my bike from this site, im very happy with the way it came out

but here are the 2nd gens www.kgcycles.com

·
Registered
125 Posts
Major said:
Wasn't sure how this stuff was going to fit. Now that it is installed I have to say I'm pretty happy with it. I like the look and the price is definately right. Make no mistake, its not sharkskinz, but it definately fits better than the Hotbodies stuff that I have experienced. If your in the market for trackday/race bodywork on the cheap definately consider this stuff.
I hope yours came from a different batch than mine. I ordered a full race kit from those guys for my 04 SV650s and it took over two months to get it. When I started to take the platics out of the box I was very dissapointed in what I waited over two months for. The fiberglass is thin, the fiberglass seemed britle and the belly pan did not fit at all. All I have to say is you get what you pay for and I would never buy their plastics again. When someone asks me about them I tell tell the to steer away.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
the godfather molds are the old rennsports molds. i had a set of the rennsports that are identical to what you have, except for the materials. i could drag it on both sides, really bad on the right, it wore a 6inch hole in the lower.

sharkskinz fit better, but they drag too.

gp composites is way narrower on the lower, and it wont drag.....unless you're crashing. its the best i've used. just my $.02

1 - 18 of 18 Posts