Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never been a big fan of gloves. Never when digging, working on cars, hunting, nothing. However, I realize the safety they provide in spills. My mother in law bought me what I must admit are a real kick ass pair of leather ridding gloves. Not the type of gift you would expect to get form a old woman who doesn't know too much about you. Black, and gray with white and yellow trim and Kevlar knuckles etc. I wore them for the first time today and it felt so weird. I almost killed the bike twice in traffic b/c I feel like I can't fell my clutch or my throttle. Any advice? Will I get used to them more so?

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
You'll get used to them, after a few more rides you'll wonder how you ever rode without them.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
gloves are a must (as is quality gear).

Ever take a large bumblebee to the knuckles? (or any other part of your body for that matter)

I dont know how some of these guys do it in shorts/tshirts and no gloves.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
don't give up on the gloves. give them time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You will get used to them. I cannot ride without my gloves! Helmet and gloves are my most essential pieces of gear. I can't even ride around the block with out them or I feel out of sorts. I could ride around town without my jacket or boots, but I rarely do that, even if it's 98 degrees outside.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I can barely ride without gloves, the grips feel so skinny and its just an uncomfortable feeling. It's all just a matter of getting used to it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
evilbologna said:
I can barely ride without gloves, the grips feel so skinny and its just an uncomfortable feeling. It's all just a matter of getting used to it.
+1, I tried to ride down to the store the other night sans gloves and I hated it. grips felt goofy, clutch lever was slick. yuck :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts