Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
wonder if they fixed the god awful light or the really god awful seat?
You mean the "Stylish Headlight" which is listed in the top 4 features of the Gladius? ^^
Or maybe you are referring to the actual light output of the stylish headlight?
Both are kind of lacking imo.

·
Registered
289 Posts
You mean the "Stylish Headlight" which is listed in the top 4 features of the Gladius? ^^
Or maybe you are referring to the actual light output of the stylish headlight?
Both are kind of lacking imo.
I don't know why everyone hates the headlight. I actually like the look of it much better than any single or double round one. The light output is another story though, it's performance is abysmal at best.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
209 Posts
I don't know why everyone hates the headlight. I actually like the look of it much better than any single or double round one. The light output is another story though, it's performance is abysmal at best.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Styling doesn't bother me. The light output does. I can get more light from holding up a matchstick.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We picked up a Gladius last weekend for my wife. I ordered a HID light kit for it Tuesday. Even with the high beam on and a better after-market bulb in it, you can barely see down the road. Other than that, I say thumbs up for the SFV650.

Mark

·
Registered
209 Posts
We picked up a Gladius last weekend for my wife. I ordered a HID light kit for it Tuesday. Even with the high beam on and a better after-market bulb in it, you can barely see down the road. Other than that, I say thumbs up for the SFV650.

Mark

There are a couple threads regarding this. Basically the way the reflects light it causes excessive scatter when you go hid. Best options are change the housing, go with a projector setup or just replace to a standard high output bulb like piaa has. I opted to just replace the standard bulb personally.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Same here. Using an Osram Night Breaker Plus bulb. Gave substatial light output gain for the money and time spent. I'd like more though, but I hardly ever ride at night and HIDs is a no-no with the authorities here in Sweden.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The reflective housing on the Gladius is similar to my BMW. I had the same HIDs installed on the BMW with good results. We do not have the same headlight police in the Republic of Texas. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
The light output is relative. When I got the Gladius, I felt like it was illuminating the entire world, but that was compared to the old-school Lucas systems in my 1970 Triumphs. Now that I have an FJR, I think the Gladius's headlight is a bit lacking. For a year before I got the FJR, though, I thought it was great. Is it amazing? No. Is it adequate? Absolutely.

I'm baffled Suzuki is re-releasing the Gladius. I work at a Suzuki dealership, and we're all puzzled. In March 2011, we were like every other Suzuki dealer in the United States: sitting on a pile of unsold 2009 SFVs. Retail was $6800. 3 of us at the dealership bought SFVs for $3200 each (plus tax). No idea why Suzuki thinks the same thing won't happen this time around. They're great bikes, but they don't appeal to the masses, unfortunately. Can't wait to get another dirt cheap 2013 Gladius in March 2015!!!

Jacob

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Don't know what it is but I am not a big fan of that color scheme.
Agreed. I think it looks super dated. But to each his own! Comes with a belly pan, which is cool.

Jacob

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree with you Kodde. This is a groovy color scheme. But to each his own. I still like my wife's blue and white one. Just glad they are importing the bike in the US again. Hopefully sales will be better this time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It's supposed to look dated, it is the color scheme of Barry Sheene's GP machine from the 70s, and it supposedly is a limited edition. But I'm not a real fan of it either ;D

·
Registered
201 Posts
It hardly looks much different than the 2009, except the base US MSRP is now $7,999?!?! I think it is going to fail even more than the original, which is too bad.....

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yea, when I saw the msrp and that nothing changed i was thinking wtf suzuki. For $900 more you can get the fz8 with fully adjustable inverted front forks, two way rear shock and much better brakes.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts