Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to see who is running an aftermarket seat on their Gladius? I couldn't find a thread that already exists just about seats.

I know I'm a few years late to the game, but I'm really surprised this hasn't already been hashed out on here as long as this bike has been out. 10 years.

I'm currently in the market for one, as my 09 Smurf sword was left outside most of its life and the seat is hard as a rock.

There is the Corbin gunfighter, Shad and this French company Top Sellerie.

The Shad is the cheapest out of the 3 and looks to be the shortest and least comfortable.

The Corbin looks awesome and I've heard they're comfortable but have some fitment issues, and you might slide around a bit on the leather. They are also expensive.

I don't know much about Top Sellerie, but it's the most expensive of the 3 coming all the way from France and they do look pretty nice. On eBay the price is almost $600 USD after shipping as of 19SEP19.

What are your thoughts on your seat? Have you had any experience with other seats?

·
Registered
44 Posts
39k on corbin seat. At no additional charge corbin built my seat almost flat across. I had 1.5 inches raised on seat for my height, six feet. No rips or tears but starting to show wear and tear. Way better than stock seat but as you said pricey.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just ordered a Shad seat from Motocard.com . I liked Corbin gunfighter seat, but it's just too expensive. Motocard I think is based out of Spain and it was a lot cheaper than anywhere else I could find one.

eBay has it for $389+ $21 for shipping. I even went to shadusa.com and found it for $349 +$17.24. I created an account and everything, left it in my shopping cart for a couple of days and they sent me a 15% off discount code which knocked it down to $313.89 total.

Finally went to Motocard.com, their prices were in British pounds (GBP). They had the same one for £180.71+ a whopping £36.84 for shipping to the the states. £217.55 Total. There is still a spot for a discount code, but I couldn't find one. Grand total USD was $284.42. I paid with PayPal and I'm pretty sure they take a small percentage for themselves when converting currencies. The £217.55 on Google came out to $270.29. So it looks like PayPal kept $14.13 for them selves. I didn't realize that until after the order shipped. Lesson learned.

All prices and currencies were accurate as of 24September19.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I myself have corbin seat that I bought used for 250 CAD and my bike came with the taller OEM seat from previous owner.

I use the OEM for shorter rides cuz I also fitted rear cowl and it looks nice.

I've done 700-800km a day rides on both and corbin is definitely better for that.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was looking for a used Corbin for 200-300 USD for a month and hadn't seen any pop up on here or other buy and sell sites. Oh well, there's no way this Shad seat is anywhere near as bad as my crusty stock seat. I'll update this once I get it and get some time on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got lucky with a s/h Corbin off ebay.co.uk in the (cough) desirable black/gator/snakeskin.

Infinitely better than the stock (standard height/padding) seat which played havoc with my pubic arch after ~50 miles.

Only fitting issue was that PO had jacked it up on a stack of 4 or 5 washers (to clear some rack they had) which I sorted after a word with them and reading Corbin's blurb:
"Corbin's saddle mounts like stock with two tongues in the front and included latch bracket at the rear. Rear seat latch is adjustable to assure a perfect fit with your key lock system. When new, you may wish to put a washer between seat and bracket to ease locking on the bike. Remove these washers once the rubber bumpers have broken in a bit."

·
Registered
6 Posts
I modified the original seat using viscolastic and now it's really comfortable, downside it's some centimeters higher
https://ibb.co/42JGhSz
https://ibb.co/CWyZ2XP
That looks pretty good rogenmi, I might have to give that a try.

I'd imagine you would need to use a fairly grippy fabric for the cover, so your butt doesn't slide around. The stock seat on the gladius is downright satanic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts