Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Motorcycle.com the Gladius engine has had several changes which will produce more torque and horsepower, and still get better fuel economy. These changes include different cam, valve springs, throttle body, 10 Hole Injectors, and exhaust. These changes will not be included in the 2009 SV650S.

So those of you who call the Gladius a girls bike may have to resign yourselves to getting beat at the light by girls.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
They forgot to mention all the extra weight they added to it too, I doubt 3hp and 2 foot pounds of torque are going to overcome 48 extra pounds.

·
Registered
647 Posts
They forgot to mention all the extra weight they added to it too, I doubt 3hp and 2 foot pounds of torque are going to overcome 48 extra pounds.
have to agree with you on that one! also i would like to see the gladius keep up with an sv650 in the twisties.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts

Oh, for cryin' out loud! For the umpteenth time, it's NOT 48 lbs. -- it's 8 lbs. The difference is between the manufacturer's published (and fraudulent) "dry" weight for the old bike versus accurate "wet" weight for the new. Capice?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Oh, for cryin' out loud! For the umpteenth time, it's NOT 48 lbs. -- it's 8 lbs. The difference is between the manufacturer's published (and fraudulent) "dry" weight for the old bike versus accurate "wet" weight for the new. Capice?
Which model are you talking about, yeah it's only 8 pounds heavier than the SF with abs, but 48 heavier than my S

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Which model are you talking about, yeah it's only 8 pounds heavier than the SF with abs, but 48 heavier than my S

No, it's not. Look at some real-world test weights of the SV650 wet, and compare them to the wet weight of the Gladius. It's 8 lbs.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
No, it's not. Look at some real-world test weights of the SV650 wet, and compare them to the wet weight of the Gladius. It's 8 lbs.
Ok I'm going to have to grab find a scale since nothing I've read in any magazine or website is right.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
My dry weight is 370 pounds.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
How much does the SVS weigh wet? ~440lbs right?

I weighed mine a few weeks ago with a full tank.. it was ~440lbs. Tho.. I do have a heavier SSSA and glass projectors with ballasts...

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Well a wet gladius (according to suzuki) is 445. Motorcyclist reported the wet weight of the 03 650 naked at 429 lbs. That is a 16 pound difference. It gets down a little when you look at the S at 437 lbs. 440 lbs for the SF. It would seem to be around 447 lbs for an SVSF with ABS.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
I don't think the Gladius weighs noticeably more in the real world compared to an SV. All in all, with some mods and tweaks all around, it will be a very nice bike.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Dude.....it's all those dang Subway subs! Step away from the sub......;D
LOL Yea, subway is not as healthy as you would like to think, unless you get like a 6 inch turkey with NOTHING on it. Not me... I eat like double meat steak subs lol. So yea, I have gained weight since I started but started working out. But Im only 240, sorry to inform you. lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not only does the Gladius have more torque and horsepower, and weigh only 8 pounds more, but most girls weight significantly less than the boys. So the girls are still going to kick your a$$ with their Gladius. So go on and call it a girls bike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wonder if a cam swap is in order... and maybe a crank swap?
Sure….. why not? That’s what Suzuki did with the Gladius. But you forgot that they also changed the throttle body intake, and switched to the 10 hole injectors used on the GSX-R600.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts