Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
They still haven't released any info on the sport bike end of things, so hopefully it'll be in there with the GSXRs and Busa. Maybe we will get the GSR750 in the US? Nekkid is the new plastic these days...

And I'll probably catch a beating for this, but now that it's not called "Gladius" and comes with ABS, I kinda like it...

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
They need to drop that Gladius and bring back the SV with more power!

·
Registered
60 Posts
My partner and I still can't figure out who thought it was a good idea to name Gladius... Gladius.

As someone once commented to him, "It sounds like the name of a gay gladiator." :D

I tell yah, I still prefer the 03+ ('cause I've never ridden a first gen) model of SV over Gladius. It's too small and definitely too narrow for a full grown man and I wasn't fond of the way it seems to tip you forward over the tank. It kinda felt like I was riding a unicycle using my hands and holding on with my feet to make sure I didn't tip too far forward.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Narrow part is good, just needs improvements else where to get it up to SV standard.

·
Registered
818 Posts
They still haven't released any info on the sport bike end of things, so hopefully it'll be in there with the GSXRs and Busa. Maybe we will get the GSR750 in the US? Nekkid is the new plastic these days...

And I'll probably catch a beating for this, but now that it's not called "Gladius" and comes with ABS, I kinda like it...
Where did you get the idea that it comes w/ ABS?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
It must be just US market models because in other markets the Gladius sfv 650 never left and there has been an annual updated model every year since its launch in 2009. The updates have all been cosmetic only.
The one pictured above is a UK market limited edition model painted in Barry Sheene racing livery. Still prefer my own one tho lol:)

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Why are they calling it the SFV650? You have almost legendary name recognition with SV650. Why they ever went with the name Gladius is beyond me and now they're going with a completely unknown but kinda similar name?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
They tried to girly it up too much with the Gladius. They aren't bad except that the pastel gayness is burned in my brain. And the add campaign.. The plain black ones are pretty slick, and the ones pictured above look good too.

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Where did you get the idea that it comes w/ ABS?
Must've read something somewhere, but apparently I was mistaken. Yeah, no ABS.

I've been reading up on Triumphs, so it might've come from there.

And I forgot about how little and low the SFV650 feels compared to the SV650s... I sat on one, then sat on my bike, then sat on a Speed Triple, then a Streetfighter 848, and yeah, little and low.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
They need to seriously bring back the SV650 or an SV675 (V-twin) that whoops the Triumph 675 with GSXR components, monoblock brakes, serious shock. But Suzuki is lagging and lagging and lagging.... tsk tsk

1 - 20 of 58 Posts