Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was looking for my Bike I put my name on a list for the Gladius. Just got a call that it was in. I'm thinking of riding over (30mi away), and checking it out in person. If nothing else it's a good excuse for a ride.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
+1, I would love to hear an actual ride test. We all know it is kinda goofy looking, but nobody has given an account of riding one yet (that I have seen).

·
Registered
153 Posts
+1, I would love to hear an actual ride test. We all know it is kinda goofy looking, but nobody has given an account of riding one yet (that I have seen).
Exactly! Id like to hear how it rides...

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Honestly me too, I dig it in a lot of ways. Then again, I sort of have a soft spot for goofy looking vehicles in general.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Suzuki didn't have them available during this past Bike Week, which seemed real odd as the bike was then only a few weeks from coming out in dealer show rooms and it IS a brand new update to the SV650 but they just had two on display and none to ride.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
That is a surprise, you would think they would be trying as hard as possible to build an early customer base. At least let people (other then us) know it is going to be an option soon.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Yeah but motorcycles are kind of like sex. Even if something looks kind of... odd, that doesn't mean it isn't fun.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like it, if only for the frame and the wheels. With some aftermarket investment for rearsets, exhaust and a race tail it could become a pretty bad ass looking bike.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
It's about time!

The dealership my friend works at had a "grand opening" (they were bought out last year) this weekend and I told him that they could call it what they want, but it wouldn't be grand without a Gladius! ;D

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
I'll have to go see if they have one down at the local shop.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think it could be an awesome bike.. but for me personally i wouldn't buy one because of the look of it... id rather have my SV, but thats just me.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts