Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
69 Posts
repost... and no still not acceptable

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I loved it, still do... Shame about the headlight but it's got fantastic lines. Even the stock one can look good in the right colours, just that most of them aren't.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks like what happened when I got ahold of some Acrylic and a GI Joe motorcycle or two back in my youngun days.

****in Awesome!

Minus the Duck Tales bill

·
Registered
974 Posts
I loved it, still do... Shame about the headlight but it's got fantastic lines. Even the stock one can look good in the right colours, just that most of them aren't.

I too believe that eventually the gladius will be a good alternative to the sv650. The colors and some of the aesthetics are not great, but overall it seems to be a nice bike. Remember that this is the first rendition. Think of the first sv and all the changes it had undergone. Each year little changes are made and then finally the perfect sv just came out, now it's dicontinuted.

I have yet to see the gladius in person, but I bet it is closer to the pyhsical size of a buell. I love the way the buell's feel, especially the upright position......just not big on having a milwakee vibrator.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
and then finally the perfect sv just came out, now it's dicontinuted.

I have yet to see the gladius in person, but I bet it is closer to the pyhsical size of a buell.
They came out with the perfect SV ten years ago, since then it's been an exercise in damage limitation ;D

The Gladius is actually just a normal size bike, it has a lot of presence though- it seems bigger than it is in the same way that the speed triple feels too small. I don't like the styling but it's a far better piece of design than any of the SVs, better attention to detail all the way through it... When you get up close to an SV, it just looks like a heap of parts, like it just happened. The Gladius for all its faults looks like it was designed.

I could do something cool with one, I guarantee ya ;D I still want a go on one, to see how well it actually works. My guilty secret is that these days, I don't like stock SVs much, they look a bit odd and they don't work quite right.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Welcome to like 1 month ago dood!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts