Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
That's good. I usually forget what gear I'm in...always try to shift up when I'm already on the highest gear....

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The engines are pretty much the same, so yes it will be possible.

Cost of the factory 09 parts will be prohibitive though, I would imagine at retail prices you could just buy a GoPro shift indicator.

After seeing one in person too, I am curious, but I will wait to pick up one off a wrecked gladii.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
It'll prob cost a quite a bit, if you can find one. Just wait till people start wrecking them and get one off a wrecked bike.

and intel_killer, your avatar is rick rolling this entire thread.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
I'm loving the new gauge pod. I've been saying for quite a while I'd love to transplant one onto my '07 for the same reasons. With the new bikes hitting the dealers, it won't take too long before people start crunching them & parting them out.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Do you guys have bike salvage yards? In most of the BIG citys there will be a place that buys up all the wrecked bikes that the insurance company's paid for.

Its fun to pop down to the one here and look at all the obvious squid bikes. Some how I get the feeling that a lot of the wrecked bikes had riders without gear. Others you can tell belonged to older/ wiser folk who just had a get off.

Its weird to see it in person.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
K8 Gsxrs have indicators built in. Why not get one of those?

I was trying to find a picture but I'm too lazy to actually put out any effort.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I'm loving the new gauge pod. I've been saying for quite a while I'd love to transplant one onto my '07 for the same reasons. With the new bikes hitting the dealers, it won't take too long before people start crunching them & parting them out.
From the first day I saw one I have said that the 5 spoke black wheels, the head light and the gauge cluster would be fetching TOP dollar on Scambay when the first bikes gets totaled.

Just looking at that makes me wet!!! :D

·
Registered
680 Posts
From the first day I saw one I have said that the 5 spoke black wheels, the head light and the gauge cluster would be fetching TOP dollar on Scambay when the first bikes gets totaled.

Getting my bidding finger ready right now.

·
Registered
502 Posts
K8 Gsxrs have indicators built in. Why not get one of those?

I was trying to find a picture but I'm too lazy to actually put out any effort.
Tach signal for sure wont work. It would read half of what it really is.

·
Registered
502 Posts

That is the first time I have seen it and it has everything you need in a nice clean package. I will also be bidding on one of these.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Looking a little closer, where's the trip OD? I see what looks like reset buttons on the left, but does the clock disappear when you have the trip OD up? My last bike was like that, and I like the SV dash much better, being able to see the time and have the trip OD at the same time. Anyone know?

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Looks like it's made of tupperware ;D Remember folks, just because it's on the same engine platform doesn't mean that the engine management etc is identical, so it might not be as simple as you'd like to make it work (just like with the carbed and injected SV).

On the plus side, there'll no doubt be an infinite supply of crashed Gladii, since like the SV it's being pitched at the noobs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts