Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have enjoyed thoroughly being a member of this online forum, but unfortunately I believe I will be selling my bike. I currently live in Los Angeles, California and have put 8k miles on my Gladdy. It has been so much fun riding around the Snake, Highway 1, and along the coast. I will be moving to Melbourne, Australia here soon with my girlfriend(she's australian) and I just don't see any point in shipping it. I think I would rather sell it and buy another bike when I get there.

My question is what you guys think I could get for it? It's a 2009 blue/white with 10k miles on it. I have a yoshi slip-on, along with a Targa FE kit, a Ventura sport rack on the back, and Frame Sliders. I have added little things as well such as a trickle charger, re-did the wiring for the new tail lights I put on, a gps holder for your phone etc.

The bike is in pristine condition and has never been dropped. I just changed the oil at 10k miles for the second time and have a set of qualifier 2's on it since about 8k.

Any Ideas? I'm thinking I might be able to get 5,000$ for it. What do you think?

Thanks everyone. Safe Riding.

-Joe

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I'd check the NADA guide for your zip code and then CraigsList. Using those as general guidelines should get you close.

GLWS!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Personally, I think that 5k is a little high. Heck, I bought mine new for only $6k.

You could list it at that, but I'd take any offer over $4k for it.

UD

·
Registered
87 Posts
not sure how bike prices are in your area, but here a used low mileage gladius is about 5k. Ive only seen two for sale, and I bought one of the two!

Mine is a 2009, and it had 3200-3300 miles or so when I bought it. Bone stock.
It was stickered for 4999, and I talked them down a few hundred.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Personally, I think that 5k is a little high. Heck, I bought mine new for only $6k.

You could list it at that, but I'd take any offer over $4k for it.

UD
I am inclined to agree. I bought mine brand new from a dealer here in Oregon last March and it was under $5,000 out the door.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I've tried at 4900 obo but I still own it. Not a real popular bike to public. I would keep it if I have to go much lower. Mine for just about the same stuff, Yoshimizu slipon, frame sliders, vesrah pads, gsxr shock etc. she got most 10k miles on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
you know that bike costs 10,500 + onroads (taxes) in aus? I might factor in the shipping costs if i were you. Maybe its worth keeping. Unless you want to change bikes anyways

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am with the other folks in the $4,000 range. We bought my wife's 2009 (same color as yours) last Sept. for $4,000. Looked brand new. It only had 1,200 miles and had a fly screen, IXIL shortie exhaust, heated grips, rear seat cowl, frame sliders and small tank bag.
Good luck.

Mark

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought my Glady from a marine in Pendleton on thanksgiving. Has under 8k, a few scrapes but a straight bike. Paid under 4. Since yours is pristine I'd say post it for 5. take anything at or above 4,200
the day I picked her up.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just to give you another data point I bought mine 2009 in 2011 with 120 miles on it for $5200 from a private sale.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
458 Posts
I don't know how people would buy a bike and ride it for less than 1k miles and sell it for so cheap.

I personally can't sell mine for 4k and be happy about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think I may be the outlier here.... bought mine last month. An 09 with 1500 miles for $2950. I wasn't on the market to buy, but it was too good to pass up!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts