Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a perfectly good 2006 SVn. I have it just the way I want it. It's not a show bike but it is pretty much my go to bike for canyon riding. Love it.

Here's my question: I have come across a 2009 for sale with very low miles and at a very good price. Are there any differences between that bike and the newer ones which would make a case for spending the extra money for a newer one ?

Thanks
EDIT: Just got a PM (thanks) I should be clear, I'm looking at Gladius 09 vs Gladius 13+

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Starting to find that the Gladius 09 came in two versions. One without ABS and the other SVF with ABS.

Likely, everyone else on this forum already knew that. Now I do, too.
The one I was considering does not have ABS, so I'll pass on it.

I'm still looking for a strong deal on a ABS Gladius in the SF Bay Area.
Thanks

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious - what makes you want to move to a gladius from a perfectly good SV650?
Valid Question. Honestly, it is a close call for me. I just called the seller of the Gladius to tell him that I'm going to pass on this bike. There are two reasons. One is secondary and that is lower mileage. 2000 vs 18000 The other is that in the last couple of years one of my other bikes has converted me to a ABS believer. I never thought that would happen but on a particular day on the Western Slope of the Rockies, I terribly overshot the entry to a left hander. I dropped the anchor hoping to minimize the crash - leaned it over and ... after some bucking and tire screeching, I came out the of curve and continued on down the road. Now, I wouldn't recommend doing that as a habit ... but it changed my opinion.

I know that there are pre-Gladius SVs with ABS but it is unusual to find them with very low miles. So the shorter answer is that I wasn't specifically looking for a Gladius. I am looking for a fresher bike with ABS. Some of the other upgrades are attractive but not compelling. Like the twin spark plugs and split primary gear etc,. The diference in looks of the two models don't matter to me, at all. Hope that answers your question . Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts