Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Tuesday I was headed to the gym, unfortunately I never made it there. As I was passing by a car wash place a full size F150 pulled out right in front of me. I remember hitting the front left corner of his truck, but I don't remember any of my 20 yard flight into on coming traffic. Thank god I was wearing my helmet and at least a riding jacket. I'm pretty sure I was out cold when I landed and the impact of hitting the ground woke me back up. How surreal everything felt after that point.

I ended up very luckily with a concussion, sprained left wrist/knee and a few contusions on my right fore arm and shin. My gladi is also looking to be in good shape. I believe the water pump housing, and my after market mirrors were the only things damaged. We will find out soon enough if everything can be fixed. For this bike to take a 40mph impact with an F150 and walk away with so little damage, it should have been called GLADIATOR!

The only pic I took :(

·
Registered
87 Posts
wow! sorry to hear about your crash, but glad to hear you are ok! That is the most important thing, by far. I too am impressed with the seeming lack of damage on the bike. Hopefully that guys insurance gets her fixed back up for you quick!

·
Registered
89 Posts
people are so oblivious to their surroundings. From no signal lane changes to talking on their cell phone giving a half ass mirror checks. :angry7:

Good thing your ok... hope it doesn't stop you from riding...

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
So, you scratched that guy's F150, right after he got it washed? I'll bet he was ******!

Kidding!

Glad you're relatively okay. The bike looks fixable. Could have been much worse.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Looks like your clutch cover is done too. Still appears to be minimal damage to the bike and more importantly yourself. Looks like you got away pretty lucky.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Ouch :(
Glad you're ok.

I take it the truck driver stopped and phoned an ambulance? Revoked drivers license? Heavy fine? Jail time?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all, I'm getting better every day. The driver did in fact call an ambulance for me even tho it was a busy 7 lane road, and he even admitted it was his fault. His insurance company has agreed to 100% liability for the accident and my bike and medical bills will be covered. I will probably have to sue him for the 40% lost wages for a weeks worth of work I missed. He was also ticketed for "Failure to yield" which is a minor ticket probably payable by mail :(

While I'm sure I'll make a full recovery, I've really been on the fence about riding again. Its pretty traumatic getting the crap knocked out of you like that. Makes you realize how fragile you really are. I don't know, but I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I can image how something like this would make you think twice.

While I want to encourage you to keep riding I can fully understand how it might change ones opinion.

Glad to hear that at least the driver was human enough to do the right thing under the circumstances.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just got word my bike may be totaled. The service manager where I bought it said he's at $5000 in parts not including labor. Anyone know a round about value for an 09 with aprox 3500 miles?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just got word my bike may be totaled. The service manager where I bought it said he's at $5000 in parts not including labor. Anyone know a round about value for an 09 with aprox 3500 miles?

Around $5000 :banghead:

I was thinking of selling my 09 with 3700 miles and was going to ask for $5000 hoping to get $4500.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Officially totaled. I will be selling the bike stand and renthal ultra lows. Bike stand was used once and the ultra lows are still in original packaging

·
Registered
289 Posts
That's too bad to hear, any idea what you may replace it with?

·
Registered
443 Posts
You don't have to sue him for your lost wages, his insurance carrier rep will handle all of that and your pain and suffering too. I am a bodily injury adjuster for a big insurance carrier and settle claims for that stuff everyday. Depending on what state your from I can fill you in on all the laws. To be honest, what got me to buy my sv650 was because my insured hit a kid with an 06 naked and we got to talking so much ihe recommended the sv and I went with one! Don't forget as well you will get paid for all your gear including jacket, helmet, gloves, boots/shoes, pants, anything you wore I paid the kid my insured hit he got $1605 for the clothing/gear alone. Good luck on everything man and hit me up if you have questions on what to do since I deal with this stuff everyday!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts