Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Gladius in need of serious TLC. 2017 CF Moto 650MT, 1960 Motobi 175 under restoration.
54 Posts
I bought a Glad with a fubared engine and in need of serious TLC. Like you I've decided to do away with the horrible exhaust. I've got a VStrom exhaust which is 1 piece with "normal" pipes and the cat in the silencer going to play around with it to see if it will fit, if it does I will cut off the exhaust and fit a slip on. I'm also doing away with the original headlamp and have bought a round LED headlamp and brackets. Other upgrades include a GSXR rear shock that I have already fitted and upgrading the front forks springs.
I bought a 2nd hand engine and decided to give it a bit of bling before fitting.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
2013 Gladius in need of serious TLC. 2017 CF Moto 650MT, 1960 Motobi 175 under restoration.
54 Posts
I've got an exhaust from a V Strom that I'm modifying to fit my Glad, its 1 piece with the cat in the silencer. I'm going to cut off the silencer and fit a slip on so in effect I will have a decat system that looks a lot better and weighs less. Still got to work out how to secure the slip on though as I'm looking to fit rearsets instead of the ugly footrest hangers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got an exhaust from a V Strom that I'm modifying to fit my Glad, its 1 piece with the cat in the silencer. I'm going to cut off the silencer and fit a slip on so in effect I will have a decat system that looks a lot better and weighs less. Still got to work out how to secure the slip on though as I'm looking to fit rearsets instead of the ugly footrest hangers
I'm finally done. The Glad is fun. Re-imaging it without the excess has it as a modern SV without the "F."
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
Way better than the original!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts