Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have never been Down...yet..but today I got on the bike and started it up...as I started moving on a gravel road, A big Yellow lab came around the corner and Freaking bit me just above the ankle in my lower calf.
All I felt was strong pressure. I was wearing my alpine stars half boots and icon armored jeans..teeth never touched my skin.
Imagine what may have been if I was squidin?
Btw...it was hot as hell out today!
Wear your gear!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I am a total dog lover but when one runs out at me I aim at it.
They run.

(obviously, I don't do this at speed)

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Had a scared cat in the house. Assessed the situation and got my gauntlet gloves and riding jacket before grabbing it.

They just look so frustrated when their claws and fangs don't work. Get real pouty when you laugh at them too.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Had a scared cat in the house. Accessed the situation and got my gauntlet gloves a riding jacket before grabbing it.

They just look so frustrated when their claws and fangs don't work. Get real pouty when you laugh at them too.
Just like gramps used to say, always wear protection when strange *****'s in your house.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
He rode away and the dog spit out a broken tooth?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What happen after you got bitten?
Nothing...just rode away. I know the dog..even pet it several times...it has seen me more than a dozen times. Still can't believe it actually bit me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Maybe I should wear my gear when I go jogging, had a dog off a leash catch me in the park one time and bit my leg and messed it up pretty bad, the owner was mad at me when I stabbed his dog and killed it but I got paid $ for that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe I should wear my gear when I go jogging, had a dog off a leash catch me in the park one time and bit my leg and messed it up pretty bad, the owner was mad at me when I stabbed his dog and killed it but I got paid $ for that.
Could you explain a little more? Why did you have to kill the dog?

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I obviously don't know the situation, but two things:
  1. You don't know if it is going to keep attacking you, and you have a right to protect yourself
  2. If he had reported it to the police the dog would have been put down immediately as well.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
You jog with a shiv?? Now that's bad-ass!

Most I've ever carried was a softball bat.

·
Registered
151 Posts
There really is not much more to explain, dog attacked me so I neutralized the situation, YES I jog with a shiv but only because most dog owners are inconsiderate, the situation was reported to the police and I just saved the dog owner the cost of putting down their dog as it would have been mandated by the courts.

Over all it was a good situation for me as I got $$$,$$$ for it.

:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I carry a little Kershaw pretty much at all times, mostly to protect my own dog. There have been several instances around here of a pit bull attacking another dog and severely wounding or killing it. I would not hesitate to stick something that was attacking me or mine.

·
Registered
688 Posts
my friends german shepard mix (its a little shepard... weird i know) HATES loud noises and motorcycles are the worst for him- hell attack you and the bike until its quiet... pretty hilarious.

Hes gone to bite me before- just gotta give em a good kick and they go away :)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts