Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I have a 07svs with a 07 gixxer 750 front end and the sv ignition sswitch does not fit properly, has anyone tried switching to a gixxer ignition switch for a better fit? Are the two compatible? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
just use the SV switch in the 750 triple, i only used 1 mount bolt on mine, in the stk Gxxxr position...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
+1

I have an '08 GSXR front and did this. I did however have to grind a bit off of the back of the ignition to prevent rubbing.

The one bolt with a little loctite and it feels stable.

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
... i only used 1 mount bolt on mine, in the stk Gxxxr position...
...The one bolt with a little loctite and it feels stable.
One bolt?? ???

C'mon people - if you're going to do these mods at least do them right - and don't advise others to make shortcuts like this.
Seriously - How much trouble is it to just slot the holes slightly with a rat-tail file to make it fit with both bolts?

The ignition will hit the frame on the left side however even when you make it fit both mounts on that clamp - others have also ground away the left side of the ignition block where it hits the frame before the steering stop contacts on that side.
I preferred to use an 05/06 1000 top triple clamp which has ignition in 'straight ahead' position.
You will still need to slot the holes in the SV switch to make it fit on BOTH the mounting posts of the GSXR clamp.
Note that the slots need to be made slightly diagonally so that it moves the ignition further out from the steering head, as well as matching the post spacing.
This prevents any interference with the steering head.
You should absolutely also use Loctite when assembling to ensure it stays locked in position

1 - 5 of 5 Posts