Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the store to get some milk for my morning coffee and I came back with numb hands and some rock hard nipples. It looks like I might be hanging up the helmet for the season as the cold weather has finally come. I know this place is going to get pretty busy as it gets even colder. A lot of idle riders will be logging on in the next month or so I guess. Whats awesome is that I will be posting even more. Hooray!!!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Move to AZ, today it was 54 on my way to work, and it will be in the 70-80 range on the way home. God there are times i love living in the desert.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Warmer gear will let you ride longer! 8)

Look at all that cold air horsepower you are missing out on ..

I have not even started wearing thermals and I am still comfortable with my present gear down to the low to mid 30's.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Currently said:
Warmer gear will let you ride longer! 8)

Look at all that cold air horsepower you are missing out on ..

I have not even started wearing thermals and I am still comfortable with my present gear down to the low to mid 30's.
you are right about the HP cause I do detect a bit of snappines now in the bike than when it is warmer. Its nice.

Thermals just dont cut it with me. I need something heavier, and if I go heavier, it cuts down on the utility cause I dont want to walk around at my destination with all that damn gear.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I can tell that the end of my riding season is coming closer. I've started to wear my winter jacket under my leathers, and thermal pants. So far it has kept me warm. My hands get cold, and I am too poor to get warmer gloves :-[. I had a good ride today, and it is supposed to be pretty nice for the remainder of the week and weekend. But once it starts getting frosty, thats probably when I'll pack it in.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
It's over for me. I still see some people riding round but I'm not going to. Hoping to get the bike back out again Feb/March for another trip to the Dragon.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
AlexJ said:
It's over for me. I still see some people riding round but I'm not going to. Hoping to get the bike back out again Feb/March for another trip to the Dragon.
What happens if we get another 60 degree sunny new years day like last years? Will you still stand at your window, watchin multitudes of bikers ride by in their skivvies enjoying the beautiful day amist the cold season? The real question is...can you handle the temptation?

·
Registered
469 Posts
So how do you maintain the bike over winter season? Do you crank and let it run idle for a few minutes every couple weeks? Just curious. :)

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
new years day I am in bed all day hating myself for drinking so much the night before!  ;D

I doubt I would be able to get my bike back out for one nice day, it will be in the basement next week.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I my get out once or twice more, but it's been raining and is getting pretty cold. We had a 70 degree day a couple days ago, but it rained and was REALLY windy all day. Today's high is supposed to be around 45F.

I'm itching to get started with this winter's mods, though.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Grim Reaper said:
I'm itching to get started with this winter's mods, though.
true, true, true. I've got some things I need to do that it would be best to do during the downtime. I still havent done my valve check yet and thats way overdue. I'm kinda scared, but I will tear into it.

I still dont really want to do a complete winterization like others, cause damn, there are some days where it might just warm up. I'd be itching for a ride then, so it doesnt make sense I do the whole bike hibernation procedure.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well down here in Southern Spain my usual problem is that of sweating my n*ts off due to the heat from the sun and the bikes motor. However I cant believe it's that time of year and will be wearing a thin polo neck(Turtle neck) pullover under my leathers this weekend.

·
Registered
571 Posts
i can ride in the cold to a point. i'm not looking forward to having to stop riding but at the same time i am really excited to do all of the mods i have planned. ;D

·
Registered
551 Posts
it was low 30's on the way to and from work for me today... i still rode! ;D

that makes it feel like it is 10 degrees when you have the air blowing on you!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts