Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Good set of busa pistons, rings wrist pin.

8 hours labor.

Cylinger honed/bored for proper piston/cylinder clearance. Set proper ring gap (may need new rings).

Premium fuel.
I'm assuming that is not something the average person can't do themselves, or requires special equipment??

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I'm assuming that is not something the average person can't do themselves, or requires special equipment??
Average person can set ring gap...but probably can't bore/hone for proper piston to cylinder clearance.

Honestly, if I was doing it again I would skip the busa pistons. I don't think there is as much to gain. Cam swap and a set of flat slides is best money spent.
ac

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
I think the wrist pin is the same size, but you want the 'busa pieces because they are lighter in weight, pins and piston.

Compression I'm guesstimating 12:1, roughly. "Dynamic compression" is a whole 'nother story and a much more important number than the static compression #'s. Cams duration and timing will have a very large effect on dynamic compression.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I think the wrist pin is the same size, but you want the 'busa pieces because they are lighter in weight, pins and piston.
I believe the diameters are the same size, but I think the widthe is different. I have a stock SV piston here at work. 2.470 looks like SV wrist pin width.
ac

1 - 20 of 30 Posts