Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the front brake master cylinder had siezed up when I bought it so I took it apart and bought a rebuild kit. Fixed. Now the rear master cylinder is siezed. Unfortunately the plunger is siezed in the cylinder and due to design I cant just push it out. Going to try some liquid wrench and then shoot air into the discharge side and hope it pushes the plunger out. If not will have to buy and entire master cylinder. Do these bikes have these kind of brake issues or is it just mine? Was hoping to go for a nice ride today. ???

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Are you the original owner? My '01 is now 11yrs old with the oem masters in good working condition, although owned by another now. Do you change the fluid at least once a year? Both mc going does seem very odd.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, just bought it couple of weeks ago from a buddy. Bike sat for almost two years but for both master cylinders to sieze like this is retarded.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Depends upon how the bike was stored, humidity and temperature control, etc. Brake fluid does like to absorb water.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I sprayed liquid wrench in it and let it soak overnight. An air gun still wouldn't push it out so I gave it a few light smacks with a hammer and it finally started to budge. More air pressure and it finally popped out. I'm guessing the brake fluid just broke down in the cylinder and caused the plunger to sieze in both master cylinders. Plus the brake fluid smelled horrible. Just like really bad breath. Well now for the rebuild and reinstallation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts