Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
In CA there is a lesser two-wheel license option for scooters. Seems like there has indeed been more around lately. I've also come across scooter group rides while I was riding my SV. The Shriner's Ben Ali fraternity also uses scooters now instead of go-karts in parades- SWEET! j/k

G

·
Ben_JamminVFCC said:
 I really like the sharp, agile look of that Aprilia...but...I'd also like 100 more cc's.

I'm so American. ::)
It starts with the little scoots, then soccer moms will raise demand for the 900cc Helix, Rush Limbaugh will make parodies of Harley's running over trees in the rainforest, and the poor little hippies on 80cc elites will cry like bytches for anyone that rides gas guzzlers with 250cc or greater engines.
Save the environment - ban superbikes!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ya'll know what Fat women and scooters have in common??

There both fun until your friends see you. ;D ;D ;D

I personally have two, and they are a blast. I have a friend that has a monster( I think by Piaggio, don't hold me to that) that is 150cc with a pipe and carb and he can beat any Harley in town from the light - to the 1st 1/8 Mile.

He loves to smoke some 30k ride from a light on a scooter.

Also a local dealer in Miami every sunday has "scooter drags". Guys dress in full leathers and race around the block on their scooters----Fun!!!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i kinda wish my sv was carbed. then i would pop it right next to one of the scooters ;D

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
The Aprilia is nice. The GF is thinking about a scooter for commuting and this suits her needs. Plus it looks good, plus who knows, she may want to acutally step up in the future, from the slightly low on power 50cc bike to the world of motorcycling ;D

·
Registered
50 Posts
I told my wife the other night when I saw a group of scooters riding by that it would be fun to start a Moped gang kinda like the Mods with their scooters like in england back in the 70's.  (I think they were called Mods?)  With the outrageous headlight setups, and of course the the name of the gang would be called "Weenie Put"    8)  With every new membership you get a fancy shirt that says my other rides a moped, and on the back it would say "And chicks dig my ride!"
Seriously though I wouldn't mind getting a scooter for my wife to try and entice her into riding.  Though she seems to like the sport bikes, maybe I see a SVS in the near future being parked next to my Naked.  ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts