Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo....... I'm thinking about picking up some speigler SS lines for my K3N but may eventually change to MX bars (such as protapers) Should I be concerned that they may not be long enough after the change to protapers? or is there a rise and pullback that is the maximum to use with the stock p/n clutch and brake ss lines?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm not sure how different they are, I'm, well, my front end isn't even from a suzuki.

I don't think they are real off, maybe find a local MX dealer who stocks pro tapers and take a set out the bike and hold them up, see how they look?

If it's too off I would wait till you switch bars and order longer lines to match.

I'm going to head into work tomorrow, if I remember I'll check to see if we have pro tapers in stock and i'll hold them up to my bike, my triple clamps and handelbars are OEM, from the forks on down it's kawasaki/suzuki and other bits.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks church, its much appreciated. FWIW I was looking at the S/E YZ in black (im almost positive) they seemed to have the shortest rise and pullback.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The ProTapers that we have in stock are 7/8 ths CR mid's Tucker Rocky part number 025222 msrp $64.99.

They look like you could use stock lines and cables, they have about the same rise as stock, just less pull back. I took a couple of cell phone pics. Our guy Ryan held them up to my stock bars in the parking lot. PM or post an email and I'll send them from my phone to you.

The CR mid bar has 82mm rise and 57mm pullback
The YZ low has 67mm rise and 70mm pullback

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
i had the Contour mini lows on my 05 nekkid with no prob with stk lines/cables...

well, i had to get rid of a couple of 'stays' for the cables/lines, but, no probs...

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
you should get longer lines if you are getting speigler to make em up for you. +5 inches on each to be sure you are not limited bar height wise...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts