Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Almost done with my build. Wondering what options are out there for rear master and caliper. I am set on the rotor and will get a steel braided line but am looking for compatibility options. Better feel... weight reduction and so on. I don’t expect to find many solutions on calipers but there might be a better option out there. Anyone run the gsxr master or even tried to use an r6 master?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
8 Posts
I personally don't know of any rear master swaps, never heard of anyone doing it either. The rear caliper can be swapped with a P34/P4 Brembo Caliper with the underslung brake bracket from Robem Engineering. While youre on the rear brake setup, you can also swap the reservoir with the HRC brake kit if you really wanted to "save" the couple ounces of weight. Keep in mind, the money youre throwing at the rear brake system can be effectively used elsewhere, like track time. It'll make more difference in your/your bikes ability than a rear brake setup ever could.

·
Registered
307 Posts
^^^I would agree
The front MC and brake setup is definitely worth upgrading (for stopping power) but I found the rear to be quite sufficient with a steel line and good pads. I feel like the last thing the rear brake needs is more power - I have enough trouble keeping it from locking up. The steel lines help with the feel (and make it easier to not lock up). I'm sure you could put a gsxr or r6 mc on it but I don't know off hand if they are lighter/heavier or the same as the Nissin part on there now.
As far as weight savings, that's up to you and it depends on how far down that road you're going. If you're counting grams (and have loads of $$) then sure, I bet there is something out there but I don't see a lot of people looking to the rear brake for that purpose. You could always do a rear reservoir delete if you want to save weight for cheap but I struggle to see the practicality of that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts