Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from AZ. I'm a n00b here but have worked in the motorcycle business for over 16 years now. I have many different motorcycles ranging from a 6 cylinder Bagger to a 3 cylinder Sportbike to a couple of single cylinder Harleys. On the offroad side I like to ride in Observed Trials competitions and just do some simple trail riding...
We just bought our son an '01 SV650 and have a set of '06 wheels that I was going to install. The speedo drive and spacer are different on the front wheel and I'm not sure about the back. I did find a spacer kit on ebay for the rear ($75, ouch) but no mention of the front.
Do I need the ebay 'kit' for the rear? Will the OEM speedo drive and spacer be enough to mount the front wheel?
Thanx.
Weazel

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx. That's the rear wheel 'kit' that I found on ebay. When I said "ouch" I wasn't suggesting that his prices were out of line, I just have so many motorized mouths to feed in the garage that I have to be cheap when possible ;)
The kit is nice with the 'captured' spacers and all that but if stock will work then I'll fight with the loose parts to save a buck or two.
Thanx.
Weazel

· Registered
192 Posts
The kit is nice with the 'captured' spacers and all that but if stock will work then I'll fight with the loose parts to save a buck or two.
Thanx.
Weazel
this place has spacers you need for both wheels.http://www.twfracing.com/
stock works on rear wheel but not on front.you would need all stock spacers and wheel bearings from 99-02 wheel.sprocket carrier bearing is same on both.

· Premium Member
4,285 Posts
Pit Bull also makes some spacers. You might check them for the parts you need and compare the price.

Oh, welcome to the site.

· Premium Member
4,285 Posts
I'm not sure. I just needed the speedo replacement spacer so that's all I looked for when I was shopping.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this place has spacers you need for both wheels.http://www.twfracing.com/
stock works on rear wheel but not on front.you would need all stock spacers and wheel bearings from 99-02 wheel.sprocket carrier bearing is same on both.

So if I understand this correctly, use the '06 wheels with the '01 spacers and bearings? That sounds easy enuff...
Thanx to all for the input.
Weazel

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I'm using the stock spacers for the rear wheel and just changing the bearings then I should be able to source them from the Napa Auto Parts right down the street from work. It would be nice if I only had to buy two bearings.
I'm certain I'll be spending money elsewhere from the various board sponsors. I'm eyeballin' the rear exhaust hanger/footpeg eliminator right now. The kid won't be carryin' a passenger for at least a year anyway...
Thanx again for all the input.
Weazel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.