Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've got a Gen 3 sv650 on a 16 plate. Unfortunately yesterday I lost the bike and it's slid out. (Tried to avoid a car that cut in to second lane on a dual carriageway).

It was heavily raining, now I don't usually ride in the rain as I don't have the experience but was caught on on the ride. (Only been riding for two months).

Aside from from injuries overall I'm ok. Quite upset and worried about my bike.

The main item that is damaged are the handle bars. They are completely bent. I've attached some photos and would appreciate any assistance in what my options can be in terms of replacement.

Items that need replacing:

Bars
Right mirror
Front fende4
Radiator cap
Brake pedal

My main concern are the bars. I don't want to adjust the brake lines or anything and OEM bars seem very expensive. Are there any plug and play aftermarket ones available?

Automotive tire Bicycle part Carbon Camera accessory Vehicle

Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Vehicle Automotive design Bicycle handlebar Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle

Tire Bicycle Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive tire

Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,427 Posts
Welcome to SVR Parvysage, albeit under crappy circumstances. I think Renthal makes a direct swap on the bars. Good luck.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Superbike bars will fit with no modification, Bikemaster brand is an inexpensive alternative. The factory bars are drilled in a couple of spots for the controls, will have to drill the aftermarket bars or remove the nubs on the controls. The factory bar ends won't work with aftermarket bars but you can go without or there are several aftermarket inexpensive options. Plenty of aftermarket mirrors on the market. The least expensive option for a fender is used but check the price of new, may not be to bad. There are aftermarket brake levers, some work well others not so well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information guys. Its helping out quite a bit. I was panicked before and just outright miserable but it seems things shouldn't be too bad.

Stilo I am from the Midlands (UKs favorite M6 motorway :LOL:).

I'm actually holding out a bit to see if anyone is breaking an sv650 on eBay. See if I can pick up used OEMs. Not looking very likely though. Where you from Stilo?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Get the frame and forks checked for damage/twisting and alignment. Your MOT station can inform you on this. Failure to do this and you may just be storing up trouble for yourself and putting your life at risk.

·
Registered
2 Posts
please please PLEASE change those (6 year?!) old Qualifiers for some decent sport touring tires for better wet grip, of even sport tires for spirited riding.
I recommend 170/60's. Next time you wont be so lucky maybe - those tires are awful. Good to see the damage is doable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the information guys. Its helping out quite a bit. I was panicked before and just outright miserable but it seems things shouldn't be too bad.

Stilo I am from the Midlands (UKs favorite M6 motorway :LOL:).

I'm actually holding out a bit to see if anyone is breaking an sv650 on eBay. See if I can pick up used OEMs. Not looking very likely though. Where you from Stilo?
Dont just search SV650 on Fleabay, use AL7 etc, etc you are sure to find something.
Im in North Northamptonshire, close to M6/M1/A14 junction

1 - 12 of 12 Posts